1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hyper 1100s / Lack Of Power ?

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Dudz996, Dec 10, 2017.

1. I've owned dozens of 1000cc + bikes. Last one was a Suzuki TL1000s . Bought a Hyper 1100s a few weeks back. US model. I know the bhp is a lot less that the TL for example but shouldn't it power wheelie relatively easy ?.
    The bike is clean and only 24000 kms on the clocks. Full race pipe system and I've just fitted a MWR race air filter. The bike pulls like a train but the front doesn't want to rise in any gear off the throttle. (Havnt tried 1st ) . I've given it 6-7k revs instantly but just wants to go forward rather than up. Not enough revs / quick enough ? Or maybe because the ecu is stock ?. Sprockets are std teeth. The bike is rough under 40mph but idles and starts perfect.

2. Can you get it on a dyno....that'll tell everything...also...whats the gearing? ie mine is one up on the front so itll lift easily in 1st and 2nd but a litter harder in 3rd whereas if it was stock it'd be lifting pretty well everywhere.

If you did get it on the dyno then im guessing the problem would be obvious and then (im guessing) fixed there and then...

3. Was it a californian bike? and if a u.s. bike why is it in kms?

4. Its a US model that was shipped to New Zealand. That's all I know

5. If you snap the gas hard enough a 50hp monster will wheelie. Try harder:)

• Like Like x 2
  6. Ye, I get it....... Maybe its because I'm judging it next to my TL1000s twin. I don't have to snap the throttle, if I excelorate and keep opening the throttle in 1st, 2nd or 3rd the front lifts

7. Mine doesn't feel any more powerful than my 748S and they should be pretty much the same power.
    I think the difference is in how they make the power; the Hyper is lots of low down grunt but the 748 is all top-end rush.

8. I ran a TL1000s for 5 years, ending up with a full Akra system, custom PC, modded airbox and a zillion other mods. It wheelied very enthusiastically, but my stock HM1100S came up in 2nd even more easily (and in 3rd now that I've tinkered with it a bit). If yours doesn't wheelie in 2nd I think it is broken.

9. What is the op expecting? Gentle front end lift under 'smooth' roll on? Or hard driving and trying to control the front end?

10. Yep, I'm expecting front to lift under smooth roll on. Almost anything will wheelie if pushed hard/quickly enough.

My HM is quick from 0. It has 14/42 final gearing. But excellorating (quick) not snapping the throttle, it goes quicker but does not lift.

#10 Dudz996, Dec 31, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2017
  11. I didnt find, with gentle roll on, it would lift, But then nor does my 150hp multistrada, nor my 125hp gsxr. They all need a but more than 'gentle' imho, unless you are rolling all the way to the red line, or you have a IL4 1000 (IME anyway).

Bear in mind too that the TL is a sit back bike in comparison: the hyper you are over the front wheel so more weight there

12. Ye, its prob a mixture of that and like everyone sais the hyper delivers the power differently. Its a cool bike.

13. What is it with everyone wanting to do wheelies?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Small penises :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. I reiterate that, if you're running 14/42 gearing, your Hyper 1100 should lift the front wheel in 2nd gear if you give it any significant throttle at all. If it doesn't it's either busted or you are sadly burdened by the excess weight of possessing a gigantic penis.

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information