1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hyper 950 Advice

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Thomas blackburn, Nov 23, 2019.

1. I'm looking at potentially buying a Hypermotard 950. I am just seeing what are owners feeling of the bike. The bike will be in all weather all season use as I don't drive. Do these survive uk winter well? Do things rust quick etc. Also are they prone to any problems. I will be coming from a KTM 790 duke. And mine unfortunately was filled with problems. From oil leaks coolant leaks to power flat spots. So I don't want to go into another bike like that. I see some are plagued with stalling issues, but from what I can tell some are sorted now.

Sorry if this thread is repeated so many times on here.

Thanks in advance.

2. welcome thomas, hope you get some sound advice

3. They’re banging! You should buy one.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Alright Thomas surprised to hear that about your Duke I owned a few ktms before I bought a Ducati and had no trouble what soever
    I got the 950 in April running in was a pain stalled on me a couple of times but haven't had any more issues since it had first service currently on 2700 miles
    As for riding all year round on it I wouldn't personally don't think it would stand up to well with the shitty weather especially up in Newcastle also 16k with the termi it's in the garage till April

5. In seriousness I rode my 939SP through two winters, it was pretty faultless and still looked good when I sold it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Welcome Dave. Now introduce yourself properly in the newbies section too :)

7. Brilliant but it'll corrode fast...

8. Thank you for the replies. Also to note I would be getting the non sp variant. As the sp would be pretty pointless for me.

9. It's early days for me but so far, with some XCP Rust Blocker she seems to be holding up to winter very well. As soon as the gritting starts though I will put her away... I'm in Surrey so gritting does not get going until Jan/Feb.
    The only time she stalls is when I use the throttle like I do on my two stroke enduro bike, apparently blipping the throttle repeatedly in neutral or with the clutch pulled in confused the ECU.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information