1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hyper 950 - How Do I Get Below The Airbox?

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by dynastyss, Nov 7, 2020.

1. Hey there.

I am looking to get to the ABS pump. How much of this monstrosity do I need to unscrew?

Thanks

PXL_20201107_232347230.jpg

2. While not having this model (got an 1100 evo sp) but i do have an RSV4 which has the same arrangement.....the first time i took it apart i cleared a work surface...as you start to take stuff off, start on the left of the work surface and work to the right....take pictures as you take it apart then you know the routing of the wiring loom....my predicition based on the way my RSV4 comes apart would be...

1. Take the ECu off.
    2. Disconnect wiring loom from ecu, remove the injector plugs and bring the loom away from the airbox.
    3. Remove the top off the airbox, exposing the intakes.
    4. Remove the intakes 9 probably held down with Allen key bolts.
    5. Once these are off you will be able to see the bottom half of the airbox.
    6. There will be straps bolting the the throttle bodies to the bottom of the airbox. Loosen these and pull the bottom half of the airbox away...

As i say this is just a guess but the pic looks nigh on the same as the rsv4...

3. As above ^^^^ but I expect that most workshop manuals would tell you what needs to be removed to get to it.

4. Thanks guys. Making good progress on my project

PXL_20201108_194234060.jpg

PXL_20201108_210113946.jpg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information