1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hyper Clutch Upgrades

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Bonehead, May 30, 2021.

1. The clutch on my Hyper 1100 evo is pretty heavy. There are many 3rd party clutch slaves to choose from but are they good and which is best.

2. Oberon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Oberon is one of the most common after market replacement clutch slave cylinders. I have them fitted to all my Ducatis except the V4. They do give a lighter feel to the clutch lever IME. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Ok will get one on order, is the clutch also less grabby

5. Not necessarily. Not familiar with the Hypermotard, is it a dry clutch ? Andy

6. Yes dry clutch probably the same ish engine in the 1100 air cooled monster. A bit grabby especially in traffic.

7. Okay, it’s not uncommon to experience this but relatively easy to sort if you can use an allen key. I suggest you wear a face mask and have a vacuum cleaner handy. Take off the clutch cover and pressure plate and then remove the plates, noting the order they come out. Give the basket and the steel compression plates a good clean, brake or chain cleaner and a rag is fine and give the friction plates a brush. Re-assemble the plates the way they came out and re-fit the pressure plate and clutch cover. Should be job done. If it is still bad, you might need to sort out another dished steel plate but that’s not difficult. Andy

8. I have heard of people removing two springs, Im not in favour of that but can you get lighter springs

9. I ran my 900ss with 2 less springs for many years with no issue.
    I used to love the noise and feel of the dry clutch, I thought I would miss it getting an MTS 1200 but not at all, wet clutch is fantastic and doesn’t wear.

10. Oberon here aswell....generally all 3 of the hyper I've owned have had grabby clutches...got a slipper now and it's no different...

11. I find my slipper as smooth and easy as any IL4 I had, was it an aftermarket one?

12. Use white lithium grease for the friction plates, it will make it less grabby. Google will provide multiple threads about it.

13. The clutch slave cylinder is fitted. Bleeding was slow but felt ok eventually. Looking forward to a test ride.

#13 Bonehead, Jun 8, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
Do Not Sell My Personal Information