1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hyper Front Light ...

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Packman, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Peeps , got a 2010 Hyper with a candle of a front light ! im going through the lanes at 6am in the mornings trying my best to see were im going thou ive been using the same road for 16 years so yes the headlight is frankly shit !

Is there anyone who is using a LED type bulb or anything that will bring me more light to the party ?

:p:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  2. My 2008 is fine, better than a lot of other bikes I've ridden!

Don't bother going LED, the output tends to be a lot more focused and so you end up with strange beam patterns, or even worse light spread than you started with. The same can be said for replacement "Xenon" bulbs (proper HID with the ballast pack) as they don't always have the light in the same place as the bulb which distorts the beam pattern again.

Start cheap with some decent bulbs. Go onto EuroCarParts.com and search for the right bulb and get something like a Philips Vision Plus (+60%) or a Ring Xenon Max (+100%) and see what they look like. A decent bulb really does make a lot of difference over cheap bulbs from poundland!

NB: don't forget to use the discount code on ECP (currently "SPOOKY80") as you'll get a good discount and there should be one local to you.

If that doesn't work then you can look at changing the setup to LED or HID.

3. Swap it out for a H5 ultra bright bulb prehaps (if that is correct size) or upgrade to H.I.D 55w? I don't think an actual LED bulb exists for that size.

4. If you go for a full hid don't you have to cut the back of the housing out?

5. Depends on the setup, but not normally these days. The bulb will come in a standard shape with leads to connect to the ballast unit, then you take the feed into that. Very easy to do but in my experience the cheap kits mess up the beam pattern as they don't quite line up with the original bulb filament properly.

The Hyper also uses a twin filament bulb which is a real problem with a HID system. Some get round it with a mechanical system to move the discharge. This is a bit clumsy and open to going wrong.

I tried a kit in the car and the light looked fantastic from outside. Get in the car and try driving it at night and it was dreadful! I checked the beam pattern one night and it was awful, throwing light in all the wrong places. I compared the bulbs and you could see a difference between the filament position and the HID point, so I bought some new expensive bulbs. They were exactly the same.

I've since gone back to high quality filament bulbs and found it much better than the HID conversion.

All IMHO of course!

6. I just bought a replacement LED headlight. Its got 3 LED's and just plug and play.

Still to install on mine tho but will do it soon.

7816232C-0EFC-479E-8E11-0E9DBA5B5BE6.jpeg

D360B904-36ED-424B-BAC7-9996B477A221.jpeg

47610098-0144-48DC-B417-D26B55193BBD.jpeg

7. Got a link for the bulb?

8. E800FE24-A1B8-4491-850B-C334CA8C0EE7.jpeg

I put these in my multistrada on dipped they throw more light than my full beam Osram daylighters. I am now replacing full beam with them as well , it’s a different bike. and was plug and play. Expensive but worth it , if you ride in the dark fast and need to see a fair distance ahead
    Cheers
    Chris

• Like Like x 1
  9. Haven’t got a link but the guys name is Marco Qubeat Prontera & confirms I can leave his name & number so anyone can contact him via whatsapp, wechat or Facebook.

+393484736411

Cost me 30 euros inclusive of postage here in Italy. Maybe slightly more to UK but you can contact him directly. Just mention that you got his details from this UK forum

#10 macaroni, Nov 11, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  10. I only bought this one as all the riders who bought it off him are very happy with the results. (Night time riding) That’s owners from the Hypermotard Italy Facebook group.

It’s only the bulb with 3 LED on it and no extra electrical boxes, no mods needed, error free.

#11 macaroni, Nov 11, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information