1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hyper Sp Lowering Link...

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by macaroni, Sep 15, 2017.

1. I understand that HM SP was set up correctly by the development team at Ducati (suspension geometry and such) but not all of us are that tall to completely 'flat foot it'...even with the -20mm seat! well me anyway

I'm thinking of trying it out and if the bike behaves badly due to change of the geometry then it can always be put back as original.

or maybe someone on here has already tried this link by T-Rex Racing ?

lower_link.JPG

2. Never seen one of those before but, thats why the sp is higher, for more ground clearance....if youve got an sp cant you adjust the length of the torsion bar that runs from the top to the bottom of the ohlins rear??

• Like Like x 1
  3. Depending on how much you lower the bike, you might have to shorten the sidestand too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. i'll have to have a look to see if its possible but didn't want to change the spring setting/compression. TBH i'm used to just half my foot on the ground now... but just wanted to feel the difference with being able to have a complete foot on the ground.

5. yeah... they also sell a shortened stand. i think i'll just stay as is, just was wondering if anyone else on here has used one, surely people have used this Stateside if there are any members from there in this forum.

6. You lucky bugger. I can’t even get half a foot on the ground!!! I’ve managed to perfect the super Moto shuffle though and am more than happy with one foot on the floor. Just a shame they are stopping the yellow pages. You could carry a couple of those :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. or get thicker soles! ahhhhh..i'm gonna admit... i got 1 size larger ankle boots and got a gel insole to give me a few mm more!!!!!! :laughing::upyeah:

8. What size feet. I have some of the Daytona m stars with the thicker soles.

9. i use those bmw urban boots for use in city & short runs... got size 43 instead of my size 42 for me to be able to put a good insole in! Those Daytona's look pretty good.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information