1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hypermotard 1100 Frame Colour Paint Codes

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Turbo, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Hi folks. I've got an aluminium subframe on order from Febur in Italy for my SP. I'm toying with the idea of having painted red to match the main trellis. Does anyone have the correct paint code please?
    Cheers, Matt

2. you sure mate, obviously just my humble opinion, ive seen that it doesn't look right makes the frame look too big,.....anodised matt black or original silver for me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Hmmmnnn... maybe I need to see some more pix. Don't suppose you have any or links to pix?
    Cheers, Matt

4. im sure i saw one in the hyper gallery...

5. This one?

IMG_9634.JPG

6. yeah... doesn't do it for me looks like a old monster frame..with the bit left on they chop off..

7. I kinda like it. It gives the chassis better symmetry and visually "completes" it. However, I'd like to see a full side view picture before I commit.
    I think I'll mail the owner of that bike to see whether he'll be kind enough to take a side profile shot for me.
    Matt

8. what was wrong with your original subframe? is it ok? I would paint the original if you want to go down the red route and keep the special one original?

9. Id agree - i like that (the red subframe) looks more balanced...

10. The original is fine, and I want to keep it og in case I ever put the bike back to stock (yeah, righto - as if...).

I figured with the non-stock part it doesn't really matter whatever the colour, and I can always paint it black again.

I guess I'm just trying out a few different ideas. If it doesn't work visually, then I'll change it pronto.

Matt

11. go for it.

12. I guess there's no harm in trying...
    I'm looking forward to shedding nearly 4kg of weight from the subframe and a further 2.5+ kg from a lithium battery. A stone of weight pared off the bike should be quite noticeable ;)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Back to the paint...

I just bought some touch up paint for my 749 from these guys. Perfect match, super fast delivery.

http://www.rsbikepaint.com/

14. Cheers buddy ;)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information