1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hypermotard 1100 Sp Idling Issues?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Force-v4, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Hey lads and lasses, would be very grateful for any pointers here, my recently acquired 2012 Ducati Hypermotard 1100 EVO SP just isnt happy idling, it will run fine for about five seconds and then conk out, it will be slow to start again if you try straight away but switch it off, leave it a few seconds, and it will start away again fine. It runs lovely with no fuelling issues as such. It hadnt been used for quite a stretch before i got it so give it a good run with fresh petrol, when I got back I changed the oil, oil filter and fresh Iridium plugs to see would that make any difference but unfortunately not. The spanner emblem is on alright on the dash I noticed. Unfortunately I'm quite a distance from any diagnostics or dealer here in Ireland so am a bit pissed off I cant seem to sort it myself here. Anyone point me in the right direction? Any help greatly appreciated!

2. The Hyper has a stepper motor operated idle control valve which should maintain the idle speed and is controlled by the ECU. Since the bike hasn't been used for some time it may be stuck or it may be stuck and throwing the error on the dash, or there may be some other issue causing the error and affecting the idle control. A diagnostic read out of the error codes stored in the ECU is probably the best way forward. Do a search of "JPdiag" on the forum and learn how to do it yourself.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information