1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hypermotard 1100 Suspension Sag Amount

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by andyb, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Has anyone changed the springs on their forks?

I found this on a previous thread for sag measurements i think it was comfy sofa?

Screen Shot 2019-02-12 at 20.12.55.png

2. yip - that was mine...!

3. front pre load...
    10 full turns in ??? how much do you weight....;):astonished::astonished::astonished:

now im no light weight ...ive got mine wound right out and still struggle to get your rider sag amount...

4. Portly 16 stone with all my gear on...!

• Like Like x 1
  5. me too.....

i cant understand why i cant get the sag a bit softer.. do you know what rate the std front marzocci springs are?

6. Had the evo sp set up in the same place as well...ill see if i can find the set up card...

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. going by some of the other issues like too much engine oil... i think the forks may have been topped up with oil or the wrong oil ..so next on the list is to clean out and renew correct 7.5 fork oil to the correct air gap..see if that sorts it. As i strip it i can obviously see whats in it..

8. see if they mean 10 turns in for preload??? or 10 flats? std setting is two full turns in...

9. Can I take my HM796 somewhere and have the suspension set up properly by someone who knows what they're doing? What is that suspension card?

10. there are some same old items that are measured front and back on every bike a set of numbers you have to get to to be in the ball park of a good set up..

11. did you bottom this out? turns or flats as ive just stripped mine and i dont even think there are 10 turns of pre load...

12. Err - not sure - not had the chance to look yet (other halfs birthday today, picked up a kitten for the daughter) and have to (try) to get out later to pick up some cerakoted bits for my z1ooo....

13. forks stripped down will do new seals..

IMG_1111.jpg

14. and how much oil in there.....
    IMG_1113.jpg

#15 andyb, Feb 16, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  15. I like your blue paper :eyes:

• Like Like x 1
  16. "Hello Ktech, do you do a cartridge kit for a Hyper...?"

17. Loads of contradicting info out there one from the handbook, one from a electronic handbook.. one says forks 710cc the other 690cc albeit with a much better measurable 110 air gap although im thinking that is too small based on what other marzocchi fork owners have suggested..

Screen Shot 2019-02-17 at 15.11.02.png

Do Not Sell My Personal Information