1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hypermotard 950 Clutch Ups

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by kevin oflynn, Apr 12, 2019.

1. hi all, question about clutch ups. Do newer ducatis (hypermotard 950) have a system that prevents you from clutching it up in certain gears. My hyper will pop up super easy in 2nd but 3rd is like there is some ecu interference almost like traction control cutting the throttle. I give it a load of revs pop the clutch and it just bogs and cuts power. Ive turned everything off except for abs which is on level 3.
    Cheers

2. Welcome Dave. Introduce yourself properly in the newbies section too

Ps thread moved.

3. ...........welcome aboard for that time in advance,once you find the newbies section:upyeah:

4. Cheers will do

5. If it’s abs with traction assist I would say yes ,the abs maybe seeing the difference in wheel speeds and clipping it

6. Turn traction control off

7. Its all switched off, apart from abs which you cant

8. Clearly more torque required - should have bought an 1100;-)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Have you tried with out the clutch in 3rd?

10. Yes it wont come up under power in 3rd. But it will in second no problem. With anti wheelie on no.2 it comes up and holds nicely.

11. 14t front sprocket is in the post

12. Just go from 2nd to 3rd in the air .....post the video too, oh and the hospital address for the flowers :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Haha would be nice
    My 63plate 821 that I traded for the 950 would easily come up in 3rd get the rpm right slight tug on bars

14. Yeh im still getting used to the bike. I came from a ktm690 smc which is probably the best bike to learn to wheelie on. Just need to factor in the extra weight of the 950. Also feel like 3rd gear i quite tall. A 14t front and it should be perfect. I rarely go over 120km/h where i live and not many motorways so the standard gearing is to tall for me.

15. Same here swapped from 2010 690SMC to 821 sp few years back I needed to do longer journeys and a few Moto GP s
    Did not regret it loved the 821 I just hope the 950 is just as good won't really no pottering around under 6k

16. Yeh well i havnt stuck to the break in rules. Did enough research to be confident that they dont need it. Each engine is dyno’d at the factory to bed the piston rings in already. The dealer told me to just ride normally and thats what he tells everyone and has had no problems. Im havnt been bouncing it off the limiter just varying the load and trying not to stay at a steady speed. In fact i really dont think i will ever take it up to the red line. There is no need. Its got crazy torque lower down.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Am pretty sure you,ll soon be hitting that limiter once you get used to the weight and power
    Mines only on 123mile so am still being careful the engine feels really tight am going keep it steady under 6half k till I get it serviced
    The clutch is a dream compared to the cable version
    Still trying to sus the dash out its bit complicated for me

18. Yeh im well happy with the clutch. Its loosened off a bit more now to, so now its a one finger job Just like the smc.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information