1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hypermotard 950 Low Seat Vs Desert Sled Standard Seat

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by al803, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Has anyone with a low seat Hypermotard 950 experience from a Desert Sled ride? How does the seat height of the Hypermotard 950 low seat compare to the DS standard seat? I am a previous DS owner but due to covid-19 pandemic not possible to test myself and compare. How much you think the hypermotard 950 could be shaved or lowered? I know according specs the low Hypermotard 950 seat is 10mm lower than the Desert Sled but specs don't always tell the whole truth. I mean a wider seat makes a bike feel taller for instance. Anyway thanks!

2. Short guys don't get disappointed...there is still hope...

3. What the *bleep are they on about!

*other bleeps are available, T & Cs apply.

4. Fortunately for you I have my 950SP in the garage alongside the 2021 Desert Sled...

Unfortunately for you it’s a standard sear on the 950!

For what it’s worth the Hyper seat and frame feel thinner between your thighs which might make the difference on paper less important!

5. Thank you. I think in the end the standard 950 with a lower seat will be equal to a Desert Sled with standard seat for two reasons...the Hyper has what you say a narrower seat but the Sled has maybe softer spring and bigger rider's sag which makes it squat a bit more. so in the end they will be about the same. If I find out if the low hyper seat has enough margin to be shaved another 10mm I will share my experience here. Merry christmas and stay safe!

6. Hi,
    I think I’m going to go for the lower seat (20mm). What’s the latest on good suppliers and any sales deals (uk)?

7. Hi all,
    Does anyone recommend a vendor for the low seat. I want an OEM quality part. It looks like bike-parts-ducati.com have them but they are not answering my enquiries. Would rather give my money to someone who wants it...

8. Mine is on the way from Seastar in Norwich and I got a 20% discount on it just before Christmas, they've been good for discounted parts since I got the 950. Also recommend Moto Rapido parts department.

9. Thanks Gizmo, ordered one tonight through seastar. Very good price and free postage!

10. Could you share a few pics of the lower seat and a few with your feet on the ground while sitting on the bike?

11. 8BF2F336-7548-4C60-996E-7EB2D59FCDB7.jpeg Hi,
    Here’s one of me on the bike. Unfortunately I didn’t do a before/after. It’s not made as much of a difference as I had hoped it would. But it certainly makes me feel more confident when manoeuvring around the drive. Will be better again in bike boots (I hope).

12. Is this with the lower seat? How tall are you and what inseam?

13. Not sure but I’m at the age where I’m starting to shrink! Last time I measured I was 5’9” with a 32” inside leg.

14. Thank you. in the photo are you on the standard seat or the low one?

15. The low one.

16. Thank you!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information