1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hypermotard As A Commuter And Weekend Blast Bike..

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Lyndon, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Evening all

Was just after your opinions on using a hypermotard as an everyday commuter and weekend fun bike.
    Currently ride a 1299panigale but it can be a bit much on a commute each day 20miles twistys or carriageways each way and ideally want to keep it for the odd occasion and track days, or dare I say it get a 600 for the track.

Interested to hear how you get on with the Hyper for those who use them day to day.

Mileage to a tank, mpg all helpful stuff

Cheers

Lyndon

2. I've got a Strada,and it's the dogs.
    I get around 100 for a tank full but that's not a g Nile speeds so add some to that. Very comfy and get a filtering if you need to .
    Biggest drawback is using it all weathers means it,ll be a pig to clean .

• Like Like x 1
  3. Unless its parked safely away on your commute especially in london i would consider other options

• Like Like x 1
  4. Use my 1100 evo sp for commuting and hooligan based weekend jaunts.... Works good for me...

• Like Like x 1
  5. As Benny says above .
    Very desirable bike to the undesirables .
    But in answer to your question ... yes !
    PS . I too have the Strada (939)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  6. i have the 939sp, best bike i've ever owned or even ridden. it does everything the adverts promise and more

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Thanks for the replies guys, got on one last year for a few hours and loved it but gonna see if I can borrow one for the day or two while pani is in for it's service

8. i'd always had sports bikes until a brief encounter with a bow gsa which taught me there was more to life than crotch rockets, along came the sp and i'd struggle to replace it

9. Its a great bike - I'm not ready for the pipe and slippers GS / Tourer type bike I'm still a bit of a hooligan at heart! And love that the Hyper can do that but be comfy too - get rid of the fold out mirrors and it'll filter well too.

Have yet to try a Multi, tho owners swear they're the dogs! I love my 916 but not on the road so much!

10. what fold out mirrors???

11. Oh yeah - they were on my 1100 - i see your 939 and new versions don't have them! Have you no mirrors??

12. just regular mirrors on top of the bars, they work a hell of a lot better than my old 848

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yeah I've put regular mirrors on mine now and its much better! The fold outs on the old bikes were a great idea (i thought) and look good but are soooo annoying when u have to filter! I like to be able to see behind me while i filter in case theres a plod bike behind! Really disappointed with the plastic hand guards tho - mine have faded badly. I looked at the newer ones (939) as i had seen an exploded diagram of them and thought they might work as they have a bar and a screw on guard but was also sad to see they were all plastic too. I miss the rigidity of the aluminium framed ones on the KTMs

14. i've seen some aluminium aftermarket ones somewhere, but the 939 has some really nice indicators built in

15. Love the 1100 mirrors... I hate mirrors and they're a perfect compromise...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

16. Yeah i like the built in indicators but the plastic hand guard frames are as much use as a chocolate fire guard! Go on ask me how i know!

17. Riding my 939SP to work 3 days a week at the moment and agree with all the comments, great in traffic, fun at the weekends.

Only negative I can think of is that the fuelling isn't perfect at low revs which happens to be the kind of speeds i ride at around town, I can put up with that though because it's such a fun bike to be on.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Geddit on the dyno... That'll sort out the low speed fueling. I can crawl through traffic on my 1100 once it was dyno'd...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

19. Exactly what I use my 939sp for,I work 10 miles away,all country roads,makes going to work fun,then I have hyperstrada panniers I can bolt on it 10 mins to tour with,or just a crazy 2hr blast bike at weekend. Lovely bike,only thing I can fault is the amount of false neutrals I get,but it only has 450 miles on it so hoping it beds in.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Awesome I'm contemplating trading the 1299 in for an SP but worried il miss the panigale, can always get another bike for track tho I suppose

Do Not Sell My Personal Information