1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hypermotard Flashing Dash

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Gareth Stelfox, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Hi,

I'm new to all this, so sorry in advance if the info is out there.

I've bought got a 2013 hypermotard 821 in August 2017, left it in my garage for 5 months and killed the battery so I replaced the battery yetsterday.

As soon as I connected the new battery, the whole dash screen just flashes white constantly.
    I checked the voltage of the new battery and it's about 13.5 V. I've checked the fuses just behind where the battery sits and they are all ok. I've replugged the plugs on the ECU and still nothing.

Is there anymore fuses I should check?
    Or am I missing something simply?
    Has anyone had this issues before?

Really appreciate it, if anyone can give me some advice.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Mine's just had this recall Gareth. Not sure if it's linked to this issue though. :thinkingface: I didn't suffer from it before the recall.

4. Just an update for anyone that might have this issue.

Took the bike into Ducati Croydon, and it had the recall done as shown in the video and it also had a recall for a software upgrade, but the bike is still having the same problem with the dash, and not starting.

Ducati croydon have said they are having trouble with the diagnosis and have sent a Utech to Ducati to find out more and if Ducati would pay for it.

Ducati Croydon advised me that the coils may have sent a power surge to the dash and fried the dash. They said it may require a new dash and new coils which will cost me around £1400, that's with labour.

I'll found it the next couple of days what's going to happen

5. Hey I'm new here. I started an account because I came across this thread. I recently replaced the battery in my 2013 hyperstrada. I let it sit for a month or so and something drained the battery. We charged it, and when the battery had enough power, the dash started flashing white. Here is a 5 second video clip. I was hoping you could update your situation.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/B5rHZRihqsKsvpNh7

6. Hi,
    I got my bike back on the 13th June, Ducati Croydon had to replace the dash and the coils before they could get the diagnostic kit to talk to the ECU, and found the ECU needed replacement aswell. So dash, coils and ECU replacement cost me in total with VAT and labour £3000, i was not impressed by ducati berry disappointed, but I’m glad to be back on the road, sorry that this may not be the best news from my side of things, it will be interesting to see how you get on please keep us updated if you Can, good luck

7. Yep make sure the recall is done as per Rob’s post.
    Common fault especially if you let the battery drain. You will be looking at ££££££ to fix.

Unfortunately you have found out the hard way Gareth.

8. I am really upset. I will let you know what happens. Did your dash look like my dash (in video)?

9. Optimiser chargers connected to the bike when not in use save all kinds of woes

10. So basically they just replaced everything. Sounds ridiculous

11. Did you ever figure out how to fix your bike, my 2010 Hypermotard 796 is having the same problem.

12. As a prospective Hyper owner I'm glad I saw this thread. Thanks for the heads up and commiserations to those above who have/are suffering.

On a related matter, is there anyway, when looking at a used bike to check the recall has been done without pulling the front apart?

13. Your Ducati dealer will be able to tell you. When i bought mine, the guy hadn't used it for a couple of years, so I got my local dealer to run the reg no. through the system and this recall popped up.

Taking the headlight out is only a 20 min job anyway.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information