1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hypermotard Luggage Rack

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by polyniki, May 15, 2018.

1. Hello everybody, we bought the Hypermotard originally for short excursions in our beautiful area, but now that we got warmed up we want to make longer tours and cannot afford a second bike, nor do we want to sell it and buy another one. So, any ideas how to fit luggage racks on that bike? I can't find any products on ebay.

Any other ideas / tips on how to make it more comfortable for longer tours? We fitted a windscreen already and are considering to raise the handlebar and do something about the saddle, not sure what exactly yet.

Thank you!

2. Have a look and see if Ventura make a system for your bike. Not particularly cheap but a good system
    I have them on my 1098 and F4

• Like Like x 1
  3. I bought the Hyperstrads passenger grabrails from Ducati and a Givi mounting plate for their Monokey boxes and a V46 box. Works well for me.

Will take some pics for you a bit later when I get home and try to get the number of the plate as it was quite difficult to find.

Cheers Gandalf

Just saw that its not a 821/939 Doubt my solution will work. Will post the pics anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  4. They actually seem to have something, thanks!

5. Please do!

6. Hi polyniki,

As I said, I am not sure that this helps as you have the earlier generation machine and the tail is quite different, but it shows what is typically available.

Hyper_01.jpg

Above you can see the passenger grab rail installed on the tail and the plate goes on top of that.
    Hyper_02.jpg Hyper_03.jpg Hyper_04.jpg

What is important is the support that goes under the bracket and bolts to the subframe. The two pictures above. I had to make up two spacers as the geometry on the Hyperstrada and the Hpermotard is slightly different and I did not want to bend the support arms and damage the paintwork.

Hyper_05.jpg Hyper_06.jpg
    ...and with the box fitted. It works well for me for my daily commute to work and back and weekend trips. For shorter trips I will sometimes leave the box off the bike and use some luggage straps to strap a wet pack to the back of the bike.

I got the plate from Motostorm in Itlay. It is the Givi SRA7403. This may not work on the 796 because of the way it uses the passenger grab rails for mounting. The one below is what I believe Ducati sold for the Hyper, but it has not bottom support and there are lots of stories on other forums of these things snapping off.

[​IMG]

The one below looks to be more sensible and was sold by MotoMachines, from what I see they still have these, but they are quite expensive ( https://www.motomachines.com/Mini-Rack--Ducati-Hypermotard-796-1100-Evo-SP_p_946.html )

[​IMG]

Hope you work something out! They are lovely machines!!

Best,

Gandalf

7. I have an original Ducati rack for the 796/1100 if you are interested

8. I have full hyperstrada official Ducati panniers for sale including everything needed to fit

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information