1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hypermotard Tyre Replacement

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by hyper95, May 13, 2019.

1. Hello,

I'm currently running Pilot Powers on my Hypermotard 821.

After approximately 4k miles, the rear has become square and the thread in the center is down to 1.6mm. The thread on the center of the front tyre is 2.7mm (>3mm on the sides).

My questions are:
    • Can I get away with replacing just the rear? Or should I replace both?
    • Has anyone gone from Pilot Powers to Pilot Powers 2CT? If so, is it worth it? (haven't tracked it yet, but would like to at some point).
    Thanks

2. Running Power RS (2ct+) on my 939sp
    Phenomenal tyre for the riding I do, I use them on my RRV450GP on track also
    I have confidence in them, warm up quick and very sticky.
    Dual compound line is very visible

7E8143C2-7690-4A9C-AFAE-E8137B407F89.jpeg

3. Hi Andy,

When you say the tyre is great for the type of riding you do, do you ride only on dry & track days?

Not planning on using the hypermotard on rainy winter days, but I will use it on less than ideal conditions. How do you find the PP RS (2CT+) on wet?

4. Mostly dry, track use for my Aprilia but road use on hyper.
    Did the trip to Belgium in April, the tyre was faultless throughout but only hit a few miles of wet.
    Don’t tend to ride if the weather is pants so I can’t really say.
    I know a few members on here are rocking the power RS’s so maybe they can help

5. Just fitted power rs's to my hyper....literally just got to work this morning...initially id say very nice, a bit hard (so have to check the tyre pressures) also ive just fitted a new rear shock which ive not adjusted atall....more of a shakedown run id say as i didnt have chance to get out the weekend after id finished putting it all back together as, yes, its fucking raining all the time....!!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information