1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hyperstrada ‘standard’ V’s ‘ls’

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by golfgeezer, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Is there any way visual or otherwise to determine if a 821 Hyperstrada is the ‘LS’ model. I know it has shorter suspension, sidestand and centre stand but apart from sitting on one is there a way to tell? Mention of LS on the V5c maybe?

2. What's a hyperstrada LS?

3. Low Seat

4. Should be on the V5 I believe. Failing which, a tape measure:confused:

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Doubt it will be :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Does it have the original supplying dealer number plate still on it? if so, give them a ring, they are likely to be able to check the original order?

7. I was always led to believe it was a designated model, a bit like a 996 or 996S, as it’s more than just a thinner seat giving the reduced seat height. Thus Hyperstrada LS ought to appear on the reg doc. I suppose we need someone who has one to confirm either way.

8. Dah dahhhh.
    May I point you in the direction of that other font of all knowledge.....
    I rest my case m’lud.:D

9. Many 999R Fila's have just 999R on the V5 and that was much more significant as a model than a height option - it has what the dealer filling the form in does at the time :yum

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Meh!

11. Robarongo :blush:

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. 163mm from the floor to the bottom of the engine case is standard LS is about 20mm lower

Rich

13. Stickers are more significant than 2 different models, which were sold as such? :thinkingface: Stay off the Friday night mead, Hexie.

A bit like saying the 1098 & 1098S wouldn't be listed as different models on the V5 because they simply had different suspension. :rolleyes:

14. One thing @Exige is right about is the V5c will only reflect what the salesman puts on the first registration form. Apparently my V4 Speciale has 2 seats. Andy

15. There are 2 different variants of the Strada and the parts catologue lists parts for both. Even the chain adjustment sticker is different on them.

The catalogue shows one part for both bikes, but there is a seperate part number depending on the variant.

The seat is the same on both models btw. The full bike is lowered and the LS is very prone to grounding out the foot pegs.

Screenshot 2019-08-03 at 10.08.26.png
    Screenshot 2019-08-03 at 10.08.14.png
    Screenshot 2019-08-03 at 10.09.11.png
    Screenshot 2019-08-03 at 10.10.58.png
    Screenshot 2019-08-03 at 10.12.19.png

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. Shhhhh :no_mouth:

17. I can't tell if you are disagreeing with me or agreeing :joy:

18. [​IMG]

19. I’m not pinning everything on the V5 description. For my M900 it doesn’t state anything except ‘Ducati’ as manufacturer. Nothing at all for model description :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information