1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hyperstrada 821 - Limp Mode

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by CRM, Jul 17, 2022.

1. Hi all, so coming back from Donington yesterday i noticed the EML illuminated for a bit before going out, then the bike refused to rev and was in a limp mode.
    A reset of the ignition did clear it and the bike is now performing back as normal.

Is there a way to find out what tripped this ? without a dealer visit ideally.

Great bike BTW, not as extreme as the Motard obviously, but a good compromise for some 100 - 200 miles 2 up riding without having a huuuuge Multi in the garage taking up 2 bikes worth of space.

2. I've never had this issue, perhaps due to owning a 939 vs the 821 but i had researched the 821 a bit before buying my 2016 939. It sounds like you may have experienced a symptom of a common issue. You might want to find out if your bike had the coils replaced with Aprilia units or had the ignition suppression gadget installed from the dealer. There is a ton of threads and vids out there. One common symptom is the 'Christmas Tree of Death'.
    Here's a thread to get you started.

https://hyperstrada.com/t/help-wont-start-hypermotard-821-2013-dashboard-flashes.5079/

• Like Like x 1
  3. I had exactly this last year with my 2018 939 Hypermotard - it was a MAP sensor fault. Diagnosed-ish (could be wiring, blah blah) as one MAP sensor by Ducati dealer, so I replaced it... No issues since.
    If it is that, I've got the Bosch part number somewhere, which is 1/3 the Ducati price...

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information