1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hyperstrada 821 Vs 939

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by panigale66, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Thinking of swapping my 821 for a 939 much difference?

• Like Like x 1
  2. For one the clutch works and does not make you look like you have never set off on a bike before.
    The bike is much faster accelerating than the 821.
    The only other thing that is better is the suspension but that is only on the ohlins spec s.p version.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Do hate the clutch!

4. With bigger cylinders do they sound a bit different / better too?

5. Yes, I don't know about the 821 but the 939 clutch can be very grabby, especially when cold and in sport mode

6. the 821 clutch was terrible . The 9393 clutch is just like any other bike.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. My 821 clutch is like a switch. :worried: It has a window of about 1mm between in and out, where you can actually pull away. :poop:

8. Ducati put an upgraded clutch in the later models which you can buy and fit not sure of the cost tho

9. Did you change in the end?

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  10. The older 821 SPs will have taken the majority of their depreciation by now.

When as a newer 939 SPs still have a fair bit of value to lose.

Over 2-3 years ownership that’s a fair bit of difference in cost.

So is the 939 SP worth the extra £3 a day........?

11. I've been looking at sp,s also however the 1100 is premier league fun if a bit primitive however but a 939 sp would be very welcome

12. I tried an 1100 before i bought a 939 . I absolutely hated the thing ,but horses for courses.

13. I can understand that ! they are Very agricultural .That's why I like them

14. I was going to write that it seemed agricultural to me but one mans tractor is another mans Harley.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Yes but I wouldn't go as far as including Harley into the comparason Steve :grinning::upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Ironic as the clutch on the 1100 is lovely and smooth.... well mine is...

17. I guess this is a pretty subjective feeling.

18. Providing you look after and service the clutch i wouldnt say so....it always feels a little better just after ive serviced it...

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information