1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Hyphenation Point...

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Stephan / GER, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Wow - I had to google and find that terminus.

A shame I know now the plastic mirror connection to the fairing has a
    hyphenation point. :)

Of course I managed to find that out while pushing the V4S out of my garage door with my head still thinking I had foldable mirrors on my bike. Bummer...

At least the mirror itself and my Ducati red laquered mirror housing stayed intact (still can't understand why they come OEM in black...). Of course the plastic arm itself is not available as a single puiece, so it is EUR 180,- for the mirror-arm set.

Just so you know, lol!

V4S-Stephan.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. Is this a puzzle? Are we supposed to guess what you mean by "hyphenation point"?

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. I'm guessing a sacrificial weak point :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I like the black exhaust mod, how did you achieve that?

5. In German Sollbruchstelle, and that is the English translation I found on the web.

It is a defined spot, where an item is supposed to break in order to avoid further and bigger damages.
    That is the best explanation I can give you with my restricted English vocabulary.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Same paint job as with the foot rests: heat resistent paint job. I am not a big fan of the OEM grey-silver.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. My friend, your English vocabulary is far better than my German vocabulary and I would venture to suggest better than some for whom English is their first language. Respect to you :upyeah: Andy

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Go to the top of the class! And don't fall off...

You'll have noticed them on your 999R mirrors?

9. Nice looking bike, have you “wrapped” the subframe?

10. Thank you. Not exactly - that's a sticker which was part of the complete sticker set from 4moto.de

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. I like that. Usually im more of a "more is less" person but i do like that....but i do like this years motogp livery theyre using...im half a mind to start looking for hypermotard panels and then get'em sprayed up....

12. Same here with the "more is less thing", however I think with the tiny rear of the bike, the front in just red feels / looks so extremely massive and therefore optically unbalanced, that if it weren't for the available stickers I wouldn't have bought the V4S at all (Speciale out of my financial reach).

Might sound stupid but I need that "I love my bike just by looking at it - feel" when I open the shed.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Looks WAY better.

14. Absolutely - could'nt agree more.....all my bikes are old by todays standards but, when i open the garage door i get a few butterflies and think "which one today!".....

• Like Like x 2
  15. Funny thing is, I think 1/2 the reason I don't feel the love for my 996 the majority of the time and consider selling her is that I keep her under a cover as want to keep her nice so don't get to actually see her much. When I actually look at her it always rekindles the love.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Yep - ive said this before....i rarely ride RSV4....its an old factory pre aprc, apart from the odd mark and stone chip its immaculate. If it doesnt get used for a while im the same...ill be thinking....mmm...could sell it and get a streetfighter s, superduke, (something that id use more) etc etc but, an early sunday morning comes along, wheel it out and it all disappears quite fast...along with the speedo going up equally as fast...

• Like Like x 1
  17. No, I just have a good understanding of European English translations :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Planned obsolescence, or built-in obsolescence, in industrial design and economics is a policy of planning or designing a product with an artificially limited useful life, so it will become obsolete (that is, unfashionable or no longer functional) after a certain period of time.

19. i dont go with that. i go with cost vs affordability.

20. What is that post about, if you don't mind me asking?
    Just to be clear: I broke off the mirror-arm, and it did not fall apart due to a built in obsolence (like iPhones and stuff).

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information