1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I’m Needing New Tyres For My 748 Any Good Deals Recommendations

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Glenb, Feb 18, 2018.

1. I’m needing new tyres for my 748 what’s good nowadays Michelin Power RS I’ve heard are good , what anybody else running and any good U.K. deals anybody’s seen for suitable tyres

2. have Bridgestone bt30's on mine and really rate em. Put the t30 evos on my 749 a few weeks before it got stolen and the transformation from when it had pilots on it was amazing.
    That said the pilots were on there when I bought it and I think they were years old. although they had alot of tread left they alway felt dangerous.
    Tires are very much an individual choice though as rider weight, riding style and use of bike differs so much that what is good for one might not feel so for others.
    I have always liked Bridgestone's though and never think about em once fitted until replacement time.

3. got the evos from black circles for a good price. Can't remember how much but I do remember them being the cheapest and even though a shop charged me £50 to fit em it was £40 cheaper than their supply and fit price!

4. Where did you go to spend 50 quid on fitting? Let me know, I'll avoid them.

5. I have found Oponeo very good on supply and prices.
    Just ordered a new Metzeler M7RR for the front of the Monster.
    On the site it said delivery 3-5days, it was delivered in 24hrs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dunlop sportsmart max2 is that I'm using there very good.

7. Thread moved

8. HGB tires in south Ruislip. And I avoid them now also. Thought the price a bit steep but given the fact that even with the £50 fitting and balancing I was still saving £40 odd over what id been quoted for supply and fit, i went for it.
    the shop manager is a prick and spent the 40 mins it took to change em complaining that he was sick of people bringing in their own tires for fitting. Apparently they make no money on fitting after rent wages and over heads.
    I thought £50 for 40 mins surely must be better than having ya guy standing round earning nothing.
    also a few days later I noticed there were no weights on the rims... Is it possible both front and rear were perfectly balanced and didn't need em? Or more likely they n didn't balance em at all?

9. Can’t comment on the weights, as what you say is possible, but from reading your post it does sound like the bloke gave you what I call a “price to go away “

10. yeah he wasn't happy at all and keeper banging on that he makes no money on fitting and internet tire suppliers were killing his shop.
    I think it is more his attitude that is killing his shop. I rang in advance and he quoted me £ 50 which I thought quite step but I didn't quibble. Would have thought making £50 for a half hrs work was better than making nothing for that half hr.
    to be honest I felt bad and told him next time I needed rubber id buy from him. I did about 2 months later for the ss and he was still being a cock. Despite me booking a time slot I was there for nearly 2 hrs and they weren't exactly busy..

11. Chiz, next time ring FWR as well. You might find they're competitive. They're just south of the river but not too bad for you. They do a ride in ride out service and if you're doing both tyre's any difference in money is negligible.
    Alternatively, Oponeo and the place in Park Royal is worth a punt.

12. I got omega, the place in park royal to do the monster rear tire a few weeks back... good chaps. £115 for a bt023 supply and fit.
    only a fiver more than the cheapest on line at the time. Lil slow, I was there for an hr and a half but they are mega busy. Free coffee and very friendly. They also did the reg/rec a few months back and lent me a scooter for a week. At £30 an hr for labor they are cheap too.
    I'm still undecided as to whether I get them to do the belt service on the ss though. I spoke to the mechanic and he seems to know his stuff but they are pretty much scooter guys...

13. @Rosso you disagree? Hgb been good to you?

14. Never used them pal, I’m a northern lad - use Matt @ BTS , Sale , Manchester.
    He charges £40 per pair to change on the bike.

15. so why the disagree thingy?
    if for no reason or one you don't care to share no prob! Just thought it odd

16. There is a Brazilian mechanic there that really knows his way round a Duc. He did the belts on my ST4 and it's been perfect.

17. Got you fella! Fat fingers.
    Corrected.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. How come your not doing the belts yourself?

• Like Like x 1
  19. I'm contemplating it.. I'm a lil ham fisted and impatient and don't want to fuk it up.

20. Never stops me :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information