1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Accept That I Know Nothing

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by PerryL, Aug 5, 2021.

1. My Autotrash search on Ducatis is mainly for entertainment now. On this , it is worth advertising the low mileage. My ST2 is a few years older and has around 20,000 miles on it. I would never think of advertising mine as either a future classic, or low mileage, but I know nothing...
    upload_2021-8-5_22-18-15.png

• Like Like x 1
  2. And the clincher is "no admin fees"!

3. And that is "low miles", as in "Feckin high mileage"! Got it now...

• Like Like x 1
  5. surely knowing nothing is in fact, knowing?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ignorance's bliss if your a politician.

7. Realising that you know nothing is a sign of maturity.

• Like Like x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  8. But is what you don't know a known unknown or an unknown unknown? It makes all the difference.

9. upload_2021-8-6_16-27-17.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  10. I am not from Barcelona but sort of confused:

1) I am meant to walk every day and today we are back to normal British weather. I got rained on and then too hot in the sun.

2) On a local, council-owned field that is very popular with dog walkers (I used to be one) there is now a sign that says, "No Fly-Tipping" and that confuses me. If the sign was not present, does that mean that fly-tipping is fine? Do the tippers see the sign and think, "oh no! I better go somewhere else to tip my sh1t"? Or, wherever there is not a sign, then the implication is that fly-tipping is fine?

3) Houses for sale: After the last lock-down finished, anything here never had a "For Sale" sign up for more than a couple of days, after which the sign was replaced with a "Sold" sign - including two on my road. Yet, two houses have kept their "For Sale" signs because they are overpriced - one by about £100k and the other by at least 50k. They both have location problems and neither have any off-road parking, with double-yellow lines on the road outside. So why does the agency not tell these losers that they are wasting their time and making the agency look like incompetent amateurs?

4) Another feature of Berkeley is the thinking that parking a car on the road is a bad thing, whereas parking the car with all four wheels on the pavement is fine. This also exempts you from double-yellow lines because you are not parked on the road, but the pavement, thereby causing no delays. And making pedestrians walk in the road is of no consequence.

5) And I am out of step with this group as I am having Fisher room heaters fitted next Friday and somehow resisted the urge to fit gas central heating and radiators, as I was advised to do here, by the eggsperts.

I am just glad that I only listen to my own advice on which motorbike to buy......

#10 PerryL, Aug 6, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. And forget all of that sh1t!

My local (which I have been known to frequent) now does Uley ales. Uley is my second closest brewery, after Stroud Ales and I don't use Stroud any more for two reasons: they won't sell beer in bottles and it is miles too fizzy, resulting in peril when you open the can, with much of it ending up on the floor. I did complain but it is not the brewery's fault, apparently. so I now buy from Downton.

I try to support local business, where possible and I've discovered that I can buy direct from Uley Brewery. Trouble is that they don't do bottles, either and just cans - 5 litre cans! Oh dear, what a pity, never mind. I though it rude not to order 10 litres!!!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information