1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Ask For Your Kind Support In Order To Help Someone You Might Know..

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by NOODS X, Jul 29, 2021.

1. 0192403E-1799-4691-8FE2-F7382337C069.jpeg

Hi..
    As so many of you members will know i’ve struggled for so so many years with MH issues mainly caused by a horrific experience as a kid..

I’ve had to find a way of living with it and using the experience to help others encountering similar issues. I’ve done voluntary work for NSPCC and MIND along with seminars for the West Coast enquiry, the Government and more.

I was left in ICU twice for a very long time after trying to end my life.. Thanks to the wonderful NHS and a wonderful bunch of Ducati Members here on the DF, somehow, eventually, i woke up..

I shall never ever forget the support and kind words etc from the past and present DF members, they literally saved my life..

I do apologise if i’ve not posted as much as i would have liked to of late, it’s my fault for trying to spread my self so muchly thinnly...

I carry a few self inflicted injury’s because of my actions, however the worst was the damage i did to my two wonderful grown up kids Stef and CJ.. They were angry, very angry for what i’d tried to do. I may of thought my life didn’t matter but it certainly mattered to my kids..

Anyway, thankfully my Boy doesn’t suffer with MH issues etc, however, he likes a challenge and decided ( he must also be mad really too ) to try and run 100 half marathons in 365 days.. He’s ahead of schedule as he’s completed over 40 already and counting..

He’s a Doctor of Physics, works a good 10 hours a day and is due to marry Lucy next year so he’s busy ...

To be able to get out of bed in all weathers to run is amazing and hopefully inspiring for you guys to maybe encourage him to raise money for his charity which is MIND.

I’m certain you all know of someone who’s struggled at sometime with MH issues but i ask you to think are there more of your friends or family who might also need support one day from such a charity? I’m sure you would want that help available immediately for that family member or friend..

Stef is taking on this challenge to try and help those who helped the likes of his Dad, so please, if you can buy a mile or two for him to help him on his way..

Stef’s not into bikes but he adores the fact that his Dad is obsessed with Ducati’s .. He’s blessed by where he lives too for he lives in Winchester the home of Moto Rapido.. Where i live there’s no Ducati store for many miles so a visit to see my boy is always a treat for he duly obliges and takes me to Moto Rapido for a dribble..

Thank you for your time and consideration..

NOODS X

https://www.justgiving.com/fundrais...ail&utm_term=411ee2e2ac0b4876b4dfcd8caa827d07

#1 NOODS X, Jul 29, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
    • Love You Love You x 3
  2. Hey welcome back noodle doodles
    Nice picture of Stef and Lucy

Donated

• Love You Love You x 1
  3. Done. All best for both of you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  4. Just heard a little while ago from Stef that the company he works for... Lane Clark Peacock, will double the fund upto £1500 ... So if that’s reached it will go up by another £1500 to £3000

Not bad hey..

PS.. @Ducbird Lucy and Stef thanked you for your promotional help and send you all their love and thoughts ...

• Love You Love You x 1
  5. Amazing commitment - you must be very proud of him.

He’s got my support.

A good cause, close to my heart for many reasons.

Now if I can just find some of that motivation and get off my own arse! ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  6. Hi everyone at the Ducati Forum, this is noods son, Stefan. Just wanted to say a massive thanks to those of you who have donated to my fundraiser. I know dad has struggled a bit with all the uncertainty of lockdown and wanted to do something for him as well as others in the same position. We all have mental health, it’s just more difficult for some of us to take care of it effectively. Dad’s medicine is definitely anything to do with a Ducati - whether that’s riding one, or remaking “little Italy” for the hundredth time to make it perfect for his dream motorbike. So it’s brilliant that a few of you have donated. Thanks so much. Stefan

• Like Like x 4
    • Love You Love You x 1
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  7. Hey Noods. Welcome back! I've just donated.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Just donated, good luck :upyeah::)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Donation Made, so Keep on Running!

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  10. How’s Stef getting on @NOODS X
    Keep us updated please

• Love You Love You x 1
  11. With you all the way, Mike and Kay xx

• Love You Love You x 2
  12. Hi Hon.. He’s struggling with a foot injury but other than that he’s doing great with 69 complete at last count X ..

13. Thank you K&M X

14. Update...

Stef has reached number 77 out of 100..

Proud, very proud of what he’s achieving and how his efforts will go on to help so many more.
    X

• Like Like x 2
  15. Stef with JARVIS the Cocker pup...

31CDFEBD-43DD-4930-967E-4ACD1DBC9565.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
    • Love You Love You x 1
  16. Donated.

Good luck.

Tom.

• Love You Love You x 1
  17. Thank You Tom... X

18. Stef’s now completed 86 out of 100 Both him and Lucy ran the Oxford half marathon last W/E With Stef finishing 105th and Lucy 1325th out of 7900 runners

Thank you for your kind support..

X

#20 NOODS X, Oct 21, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
Do Not Sell My Personal Information