1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Finally Got My Mv...

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Dennis T., Dec 28, 2017.

1. The MV I purchased a little more than a month ago finally showed up... Of course now its really cold so I was limited to a quick run around the block. Seems promising definitely different than either of my Multistradas.
    A Beautiful machine without a doubt.

IMG_1615.JPG

IMG_1617.JPG

IMG_1619.JPG

IMG_1623.JPG

IMG_1621.JPG

• Like Like x 8
  2. You have a lot of garages :eek:

3. Very nice indeed. You'll have to let us know you get on with it, once the weathers more clement. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. nive looking machine

5. hence the need for me to order a bunch of starter wiring upgrades!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. The pillion seat must have a f/c limit? first word is fat. It looks like a "big boned", "I have a thyroid condition", "it's genetic" pillion may struggle ?

I do like the look of it though, I'm sure a few have said they tried one of these also. Nice chrimbo pressie.

7. Now have 12000 miles on my Turismo, wouldn't change it for anything out there at the moment. Test ride booked on the new 2018 Multistrada but the MV is going to be a hard act to follow, it's not all about the extra grunt that the bigger bike offers.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  8. Still not enough to store your bikes in though. o_O

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  9. Enjoy' ..roll on spring

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Have MV bought a load of old stock MTS1000DS fairings? :eyes:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Absolutely agree, When I went for a gixxer the 750 was a far superior and enjoyable bike to ride over the 1000. It just seemed to be a far better balanced bike

Looking forward to seeing some reviews Dennis

12. Yep, it's the whole package and the way it works as a unified whole. That and having spent a sh1t load of money convincing yourself that you've done the right thing... :D:rolleyes:

If I were doing more two up miles, especially touring, or were just interested in ultimate straight line speed then more cubes makes sense. Otherwise a finely balanced machine has it all.

13. Nice, the 800 triple is a great engine. I love mine.

14. Any comments on the real world reliability issues? MVs tend to get a lot of flack for their electrics etc... Also know a person who’s F3 frame broke while he was riding it... He was promised a new bike, but a few months on and he’s still waiting for a resolution.

15. Had mine three years, perfect so far .

16. Done 7k in 3 years on the 800rr Dragster not had one issue - still on stock battery

Sprag issues are resolved and replaced foc if they go

New euro 4 mvs have 3 year warranties

• Like Like x 3
  17. The indicators, all round, failed within the first three months. Plenty of riding in the wet didn't help. The fronts were down to vibration with a few of the 6 LEDs in each hand-guard failing on each side. The rears filled with water that was then trapped, goldfish bowl stylee, until they died (shortly thereafter). All replaced under warranty at <3000 miles. The fronts have been fine ever since. The new rears filled with water again the next time out in the wet so I drilled a 1mm hole in the bottom of each, they've been fine ever since.

The quick shifter sensor failed, again due to water ingress. This took out the cruise control until the sensor was replaced under warranty.

I ordered the factory alarm with the bike. this was dead within two weeks due to water ingress. Dealer refunded in full and I fitted a Datatool that's worked well in all conditions.

Cush drive rubbers get loose after about 4000 miles, replacement is easy and cost is around £10 a set. Rear hub nut seems to loosen over time despite being pinned so now check that regularly.

Other than the above and all last year with two tours in France and another in Spain it's been reliable.

I fitted a LiPo battery (AntiGravity 360CCA) to help stave off the possibility of sprag failure, seems to have worked so far. Opinion has it that weak starting from a failing OEM battery (ironically BS brand) causes the sprag to slip and starts the beginning of the end. I never fanny around with starting, hold the starter until it fires, always within a couple of seconds. When starting after a long lay-up of a few weeks+ the hydraulic CCT being drained of oil can cause a hideous rattle. Pulling the ignition fuse and cranking for a few seconds helps avoid this.

If buying a used Turismo it's worth checking that the latest firmware updates have been carried out and the revised clutch dampers fitted. Also worth checking if the wiring loom adapter has been fitted, as standard the high beam is just that and too focused. With the adapter fitted both low and high are on when on high beam making the headlight significantly better, although not the best (subjective, I came from a VFR VTEC with 4xH7) it's usable. This is an optional upgrade and costs about £12 for the part, fairing side panel needs to come off to fit, a bit fiddly, allow an hour max.

Occasionally the immobiliser doesn't recognise the key, this is a common issue but worried me the first time it happened. Cycling the ignition always seems to resolve it.

Pannier lid restraining strap broke on one side. Replaced with a bit of webbing (which is what the original appeared to be), albeit the replacement was thicker. 10 minute job.

Mods I've made to mine:
    Puig touring screen - for me, at 6', this works really well compared to the std screen. Much quieter and less buffeting. Never been a fan of aftermarket screens, usually quickly find their way onto ebay, this is a definite exception IMHO.

R&G radiator guard - shorty front mudguard make this a must, fits and works well.

R&G Aero bungs and axle sliders - tested by my mechanic who static dropped my bike on a test ride. They saved a lot of damage, workshop paid for the rest.

HP Corse Hydro Tre exhaust - never a fan of loud exhausts, my restrained inner hooligan got the better of me on this one though, ride with DB killers in. Nice a fruity and a significant weight saving.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I haven't been able to really ride yet as we are in the throws of an "Arctic Blast". But my thoughts so far... The design and attention to detail of the MV is beauty to behold. Everything about it oozes quality and passion. It really does look and feel like something special.

I bought the headlight mod cable and a round of protection gear from Evotech, Ill install it before I ride the bike again. Ive already ordered the optomate MV adapter cable so I can connect to the battery with my trusty fleet of chargers.

Its a new leftover 2016 so I've got 2 years of warranty but maybe ill drill those rear indicators now. I rarely ride in the rain unless im caught out on some kind of trip. Currently waiting for the Puig screen with the adjustable deflector on top to get here... Shipping from Italy around Christmas time seems to take a bit of time.

Honestly i'm so enamored with the TV that i'm actually in discussion to scoop up a left over F3 800...
    I don't need it at all but damn its so pretty . Some men chase women I collect gorgeous Italian motorcycles... I think my way is actually cheaper . Considering i'm already married, and bikes unlike women leave with a resale value instead of a bill.

Happy New Year All!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. My thoughts too. God that thing looks ugly. First thought was the fairing looks awful from the side, but from the front it's even worse. Pity, since MV have made some really gorgeous bikes in their time.

20. I find that pictures don't do it proper justice... Yet I always thought the original MTS was kinda funky good looking.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information