1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Classic I Give Up, I'm Fitting Öhlins... Vanity Prevails.

Discussion in 'Scrambler' started by Fire3500, May 22, 2018.

1. I think I love it, I don't think it's going anywhere and even in my upcoming armageddon garage cull (goodbye 999, 750, 900SS, 900SL & 748) the Scrambler is staying.

So I've ordered an Öhlins rear shock (STX46) and am looking at the FSK100 front end kit. I'm going to fit this lot myself... should I expect an improvement or am I just getting some nice shineys?

2. Vanity. My new 110 Sport has ohlins. Can’t tell the difference from my old Classic.

3. I own it... I love a bit of Swedish...

That said, with the suspension "sorted" I'll just enjoy it even more. My Scrambler is already a thing of beauty. I bloody love the little bugger. When I got my serious face on the other day and thought about getting my bike habit in check, the Scrambler was a foregone conclusion. Also it's coming to the TT. That Makes me happy like a proud parent. :joy:

How is the 1100? They look ace. You enjoying it?

• Like Like x 3
  4. FSK-100series_3.jpg

So pretty... :heart:

5. I have the Ohlins Rear and Andreani front inserts - made a HUGE improvement.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I loved my Classic. The 1100 Sport is more so.

I cant explain it other than it feels and looks more like a bike than the original. Side by side the original is tiny in comparison and looks like a toy.

It is the “go to” bike when I open the garage door. Don’t get me wrong, I love riding the Panigale but getting ready for it is such a palaver.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yeah, sports bikes are starting to feel like a lot of effort...

8. Doesn't matter. They iz Ohlins, so iz better, init. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Big difference from what I hear. Friend and ex racer swapped the rear out and has a kit in the front. Says entirely different bike.

• Like Like x 1
  10. There is something wrong with your ohlins, take it back.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. I think that the Scrambler is set up for a 11 stone hobbit. I fit that bill.

Fat, lanky types need something different. Or think they do.

12. Also, shiny.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. 97D15D27-7CD3-4B03-A1EE-7AAB435163AC.jpeg

Win.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Front kit turned up from Kais, and was very disappointing. To start with they had sent a FSK 113 rather than the FSK 100 I'd ordered (FSK 113 doesn't include adjustment)... the kit comprised two fork caps and a single spring. I also noticed that I'd been billed £56 for shipping, and charged £258 rather than £219. Final nail in the coffin was that one of the fork caps was damaged pre-anodising. Not impressed.

Needless to say, they're going back. Kais were alright about it and are picking the kit up on Monday for evaluation, pending full refund. So on that basis I'm not moaning about them, just that the Ohlins kit was rubbish.

15. What about k tech ??

16. It’s an atttactive option for the forks

17. Attractive, even ;)

18. No definitely atttactive, according to my phone. Enables better lines of attack on bigger bikes, and stuff like that ;)

19. I called Kais for a fitting kit or bracket for an Ohlins steering damper to fit my bike. It took nearly seven months to arrive, and was a small aluminium bracket which they charged me £118. I explained to them clearly my feelings and returned it for a full refund. Not impressed.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  20. Harris do a kit for most bikes, about £50 iirc (few years ago!)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information