1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1198 I Have An Itch For Either A 1198s Or 1199s

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Dr.D, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Hi all,
    So I have itch for a new.... er ducati, to keep my 996 and 998 company. I started out thinking I want the last of the old school v twins, dry clutch etc i.e. the 1198S, however I see that 1199S prices are dropping likely due to the new V4 which made me start to think maybe I should save a about 3 grand more and get a newer 1199S.
    What are people thoughts? Writing this I may have answered my question, holding on to the past i.e. the 1198 but would like to know what others would do, and those who have had both a 1198 or 1199 and comparisons.
    Thanks

2. 1198 and hang on to your hat.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. I've got a nasty itch too.

4. I have stopped itching...

5. Do like most others on here and get one of each but don't bother with the S models, spend a bit more and get the R's!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Ha ha, that's what I told myself a week or so ago. Watch this space!

7. Agh the itch's, everyone loves a good ol' itch.

I would love at R but my pennies won't stretch that far, S is good enough for me.

8. The 1199 is still depreciating, the 1198 is not.

Buy the 1198S now and the 1199S later. :innocent:

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Obviously the S models are far superior than the abilities of all of us on here, R's will likely hold better value though!

10. you mean double!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. 1199 all day. I mean just look at it, youve got at least 10 years before it looks old, maybe 20!
    (apart from monkey metal fixings)

12. You sure? :thinkingface: I've just had another look at mine, I think it's looking old already. :worried:

IMG_64661s.jpg

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  13. Very different concepts tbf, if u get a 1198 it will be like a really finished version of the same design principle that the 998 was built with, when u get on a 1199 it’s a whole different step in terms of the methodology they are built to.

I can say this as I’ve just gone from 899 to 848 evo. The 899 is the ‘better’ bike, the 848 makes me feel alive though

14. Thats really interested you went from a 899 to a 848, I know what you mean I have a new tuono factory but jump on my 998 due to the way it makes me feel

15. Go for an 1198 base model, no electronics what so ever , last of the proper Ducatis.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. thats cause it doent have a classy termi, and its got dodgy rim tapes :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Akrapovic is where it's at, as advertised by my classy rim tape. :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. The first half of this statement is true :):upyeah:

• Crap Crap x 1
  19. ......you never said the 2nd half wasn't. Cheers Hexie. :) :upyeah:

20. The first half of this statement is Pish :eek:

• Lock Thread Lock Thread x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information