1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I May Buy An Mv Agusta ...

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Dennis T., Nov 16, 2017.

1. Unless you talk me out of it.... Im getting ready to pull the trigger on a Tourismo Veloce!

Thoughts?

Experiences?

Im literally buying one sight unseen (it is brand new however) as its damn near impossible to find over here.. I think we have more Bigfoot sightings than MV's

2. That maybe a reason not to buy.... Service.... Spares??..... Italian...can need a lot of love....

Why this over Multi?

3. I don't plan on selling either of my Multi's this is simply an addition out of sheer desire. Luckily enough I do have a MV dealer close and the owner is a client, however they have never gotten a Tourismo in inventory. Probably because they are a large Ducati dealer as well and shift a load of Multi's
    I actually thought I had something rare when I owned my Guzzi... the MV though... ill be the only guy within a multi state perimeter with one.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I had a sit on one, and got to even rev it up a bit. Looked da bollix, sounded da bollix with a little can on. Was very tempted, but I’m a big V2 man and just knew I’d be dissappinted.
    It was going to be my main bike, but as an occasional twist to the Mutlys I say yes :upyeah:

5. Love my Dragster and had 0 issues in 3 years

New MVs come with 3 year warranty so worth checking

Go for it

• Like Like x 1
  6. You really ought to join the MV forum (mv agusta.net)
    The vast majority of members are in the US then Australia and a few from UK
    Post the question on there and all you need to know would be answered in an instant.
    I know because I am a member

7. I had a Tourismo Veloce for a few months and couple of thousand miles last year. Very competent and capable but with the benefit of hindsight I should not have bought it . It was , in comparison to every Ducati , Guzzi and even BMW I have owned or ridden, totally bland and boring. I was looking for excuses not to ride it even on nice days. I think that after 30 odd years of lumpy twins I was tempted by a relatively smooth and revvy triple. I wont do that again. Horses for courses , some people may love them and the way they deliver their power but not me. Take a long test if you can but dont buy it just to be different . Thats like thinking if you dress like Steve Mcqueen you be cool like he was.

#7 dukesox, Nov 16, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Brave man. I dont know a single person with a faultless MV (and i know quite a few!) and as for the dealers they disappear quicker than a scotsman at the bar.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. A friend of mine bought a new Dragster.Wouldn't start after a couple of days due to a duff battery.Within the week it started to leak petrol from a crack in the petrol tank.took many weeks to get a new tank from MV.Lovely bike though,and possibly a friday special.Not many dealers around.

10. Although I do think the are discontinuing the old model unless the dealer network was interested in the new ones on show at eicma

11. I don't know, mv doing an a adventure bike is a bit like bugatti building a micro car?

12. Aston did, and VW do :)

13. I’ve had mine since 2004 and not really had any issues with it. Others have had theirs a few months and had nothing but trouble, depends which one you get it seems. Older ones do seem to have better build quality by the look of it.
    Ride is really good but they are rev happy, I doubt you would be disappointed if you did go for it.

14. They also make the impossibly lame F4 LH44 which I laughed at at the EICMA show last weekend. This should be enough to convince you not to be associated with the brand!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. This is the Peugeot BeBe of 1913, designed by Ettore Bugatti:

Peugeot BeBe 1913.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  16. But is it as lame as a scrambler

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Ah but you see the Scrambler is not a Ducati, it's a 'Scrambler'. You will note how the Ducati name is getting smaller and smaller. It'll disappear altogether soon so the brand can be sold off!

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. I almost bought the MV 675, bottled it after seeing one that wouldn't start. Bought the Daytona Instead.That Veloce is gorgeous and I did contemplate that this year too....im just a coward :mad:

19. I nearly bought an F4 instead of my Ducati. A friend did and we went touring this summer around Europe.

Two Italian bikes and one Suzuki. Guess which one broke down?

None of them. All ran faultlessly for 3k miles :)

The pair of Italians sounded absolutely fantastic through the alpine tunnels :) We swapped bikes a good few times, an F4 makes an 848 feel like an armchair. Beautiful bike though and would still love to own an MV. Do it.

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information