1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Remember When I Was A Lad ( Or Lady.. Ducbird)

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Noods, Sep 10, 2017.

1. I remember when I was a lad...

The Corona man calling each week, and my friends and I collecting the emptys where ever we went as Corona gave you 2p or something similar a bottle ..

IMG_5498.jpg

Yam FSIE ...endless hours spent porting it changing everything poss to try and get another 1 mph out of it.. and the Suzuki version always being much quicker..

Puma Pele Rio footie boots I dreamed of owning but never did.. along with the footballs of the day that would leave an impression of laces permanently on your forehead if you dared, or were stupid enough to header it...

Only Three channels on TV and a test card accompanied by a whining noise when it stopped broadcasting about midnight..
    The BBC also used to play the national anthem when it shut down each night.. my dear old Dad, if he was still up, would always stand up as soon as the anthem began..

Great memory's ... and yours?

• Like Like x 6
  2. Bathing by candlelight and paraffin lamps during the miner's strike and the three day week; sneaking out to the phone box at the end of the road with a pocket full of 2p pieces to ring the girlfriend.

And Spangles..
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. The Samsung galaxy S5, those were the days !!! :cool:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  4. £ s d pre decimal currency, petrol by the gallon, riding the bike without a helmet, ( silly me) pre metric measurements ft ins ( I still use ft ins) no speed camera's.
    Steve

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. OMG spangles

6. 9p to go to the pictures, £3-14s wages for a 40 hour week, them were the days.
    Steve

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Dad winning prizes at Butlins

butlins.JPG

• Funny Funny x 6
  8. My AP50 was the buisness! It was always great to spot a "Purple Horror" (FSIE) for a burn up...

Falmer jeans, cheese cloth shirts and a wrangler jacket. Sex Pistols and The Stranglers were the greatest and of course the Radio One Roadshow was the big event of the summer.

Drinking larger and lime, then Pernod & black until we got thrown out of the pub for being underage.

On TV, my parents always watched Mike Yarwood and Morcambe and Wise. I liked watching the news 'cause Sue Lawley was the presenter. Until Debbie Harry came along.
    ap50.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  9. Streets littered with piles of 'white dog shit' just see that these days.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Ah, Pernod and black - the smell of village hall discos...

11. i dont EVER remember being a 'lady ducbird' sorry x

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Doc martins (or Gola in the summer), the widest Lee Cooper jeans, Paddy Hopkirk rally jacket and a Griifn lid were all you needed to get yer S1 kwaker motoring.

Skol and and a packet of No6 were the drugs of choice.....heroin and weed were for hippies (not the underclass).

No sky tv, smart phones and leaded petrol.......and airgun battles across the local canal (for a laugh, try that now).

You're right abut the white dog shit.......don't even see it on council estates nowadays...

• Like Like x 1
  13. Schools had a "Hacker" record player in the Hall

hacker.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Playing for these in the school break

marbles.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. Fu'kin Log Log Slide rules :weary_face:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Saturday afternoons on World of Sport

Giant-Haystacks-and-Big-Daddy.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  17. When DB was the only female member :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Corner shop sweets were a half-penny.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. That was back in the day when you were allowed to say I was playing with chinkies and bonkers

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information