1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Think Ducati And Lorenzo Will Regret.......possible Spoiler!

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Noods, Aug 12, 2018.

1. I’m thinking Lorenzo and Ducati will both regret their impending split... I really can’t see Lorenzo getting on with that Honda or Marquez tbf..

What do you think?

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. I think there will be occasions of greatness from lorenzo but ultimately he is the number 2 rider in the Honda team. MM is the focus of the team and that won't change.

I don't think lorenzo will last at Honda. His days at the sharp end of the championship are behind him now.

3. omo of course but I think Lorenzo will benefit from the change this time, this is a gut feeling, no point expanding on as will be controversial, I think he will be great at Honda and look forward to finding out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Personally I think JLo will get on with the Honda. Will he get on with Marc Marquez? Not so much.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. To me it seems like he’s really begun to make ground on the GP18 and he couldn’t ask for a better team mate than Dovi...

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Morning Noods!
    I expect there to be big clashes at Honda next year. There isn't space in the team for both of those guys and its Marc's team... Jlo is 31 and will see these next two to three years as the last ones in his career where he can challenge to win. Don't be surprised to see him in a shock return to Ducati after one season away!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Apparently Honda have been working hard on how to incorporate an umbrella into the 2019 bike for Lorenzo

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. I can't see Lorenzo getting the better of Mark on the same machinery, bad move in my opinion.
    Steve

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Lorenzo is still right at the sharp end, he's a guy who rides well when confident and comfortable. You get him settled he's very very hard to beat.

Might not be everyone's cup of tea, but writing him off is a little premature, as has recently been proven on the Ducati.

• Agree Agree x 6
  10. MM could probably win the GP title riding a supermarket trolley, he is in a world of his own, then come the rest. JL is now showing winning form and pace, also seems much happier via body language etc. I do feel he resigned too early, but he just got pissed off not being listened too as it is all to clear to see that Dovi is the preferred rider chez Ducati. It is also easy to see, again via body language that if Dovi wins the management go nuts, if JL wins nowhere near the same reaction, play back the podiums and see. So JL is out of favour probably due to arguments and atmospheres created we did not hear of.Atleast all parties at Ducati have been very civil up till now. JL might well have been a real championship contender if he was on a Ducati next season,but we will never know. Dont forget he has pedigree and form in winning titles.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. You make very good points. If Dovi doesn't come through as the major contender next season, the pressure will be enormous on him and the entire team, especially if Jlo is doing well at Honda.

12. I've been saying this for months. Lorenzo is a class act at the perfect age and Ducati were far too hasty to pull the plug. He may not be everyone's cup of tea, but that clouds some people's appreciation of his talent. Ducati annoyed the hell out of Stoner for not listening to him, Crutchlow was replaced just as he was starting to get on with the bike, now Lorenzo. Dovi is getting good results as he's been given the time on the bike, but in my opinion, he isn't currently one of the top 5 riders.

Lorenzo is looking very strong now and if allowed to continue to develop this bike would have had another very good chance of a championship. With him moving on, I can't see anybody beating Marquez over the next few years. I think Lorenzo will do OK on the Honda and will have learnt lessons with his time at Ducati. Marquez is the stronger rider and should win the battle, but Lorenzo has it in him to win races against Marquez. He may take points from Marquez, but he'll be taking them from everybody else.

I'm amazed that people are questioning his age at 31, yet Rossi can do no wrong at 38! Also the calls this year to replace him with Petrucci, who has yet to win a race. Will Petrucci win the championship next year? Not a chance!

As for Lorenzo not being able to develop a bike. How have the last 18 months went since he left Yamaha? :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 7
  13. Would be really interesting to know what changed. Something did. He has now at least changed his style a bit, is that it? Or is it really that te factory know best’ (Rossi complaint amonsgt others) and refuse to make allowances/changes to accommodate the rider until they added some gaffa tale to his tank?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Only fools would write off Lorenzo

#14 damodici, Aug 12, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Just be careful lads, there isn't a spoiler warning for this thread.

• Like Like x 2
  16. There is now ;)

• Like Like x 1
  17. I've just edited it slightly :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Never ever thought I'd say this but I'm warming to the guy...
    The talk that he can't battle at the front and only wins if he runs away should be put to bed after today...
    Great last few laps .
    That said I couldn't hear any commentary so don't know if other factors were involved...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. I agree and put my hand up to being wrong but I will say a lot seems to have changed - he didn’t ride the Yamaha that hard - seems to have found some fight that is not just the bike he was totally different attitude wise today. He was fighting that bike to make it do what he wanted,

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Yeah, that Lorenzo can't battle, can he. :) (Not going to trawl old threads)

Ooo, I had a sneaky little 4 folder on today too. :beer: 10/1 :)

Screen Shot 2018-08-12 at 14.04.58.png

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information