1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Weighed My Hyper 1100 Sp Today

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Turbo, Feb 19, 2019.

1. So, I'm on a quest to lose some weight off the Evo SP. I've gotten rid of the heavy exhaust system and replaced it with a combo of SC Project headers and Akrapovic muffler. I've replaced a lot of the plastic bits with carbon, removed the rear footrests and swapped out the monstrously heavy rear sprocket setup. Also, I've changed the rearsets and number plate Hanger, levers etc. all for lighter parts. Before I fit my aluminium subframe and lithium battery, I thought I'd weigh the old girl. With all fluids and a virtually full tank of fuel, she weighed dead on 173kg. Not bad considering Ducati list it as 171kg without any fluids and an empty tank.
    Long live the diet :)
    Matt

• Like Like x 2
  2. That's a really low weight the bike must be extremely nimble! How did you weigh the bike?

My 2010 Multistrada 1200abs had an original dry weight of 188kgs dry/217kgs wet (latest DVT has risen to 235kgs wet) and reputedly still the most powerful engine (per CJS). I have saved 7kgs with decat/exhaust change alone, plus pillion pegs removed, no crud catcher, tail tidy, etc. It feels much lighter than friends Multis and I'd love to know it's true weight with fuel and oil.

• Like Like x 1
  3. How did you weigh it?

4. On scales :thinkingface:

maxresdefault.jpg

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Yep - quite obvious but not all of us have a weighbridge to hand.

6. I have a pair of Doctor's type scales. Lift the front up and park one underneath the front tyre and the same at the rear. Pretty accurate - I'm sure it's within 1 kg ;)

7. keep away from greggs

8. Yeah, I live in Cornwall. Greggs is a swear word down here ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Used this method at my local dealers to weigh the 899. A fairly accurate way/weigh to do it.

10. For those who wish to know the weight distribution, the rear was 95kg and the front 78kg. This was level ground, with level scales ;)
    Matt

11. Interesting. Weighed my V4S last week after also having been on a diet. But still a bit to go...

96 front and 80 rear. So 176 in total with oil and coolant. Note- FullSix carbon fibre fuel tank missing so add another 2kg for that.

12. Can you take a pillion with the aluminum subframe?

13. Yeah, a biafran pillion.

No fat chicks

• Like Like x 2
  14. Yeah you should be alrighto_O
    hqdefault.jpg

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. I am definitely taking my 899 to my BUPA medical next week then.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Just weighed my 899..... 98kg frt/82kg rr. 180kg total ready to ride with a full tank, so pretty happy with that.

#16 nelly, Feb 22, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  17. Fitted a lithium battery today, weighing just 890g. Weighed the original battery and it was a lardy 3.9kg. Another 3kg pared off the SP, so wet weight now just 169kg!
    Original (stock engine, stock weight) power to weight ratio: 459hp per ton.
    New power to weight ratio post remap and diet: 566hp per ton.
    Long live the diet
    Matt

IMG_9790.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  18. I don't know any fat chicks!

19. I done the same couple of mods to my 796 last summer (Alloy subframe + LiPo battery), I was actually really surprised at how much of an effect it had on the handling. I feel as if the alloy subframe gives much better rear-end feel due to the decreased stiffness (although this might be more significant on the 796 due to the shite suspension). Also the forwards shift of weight distribution seemed to help with the front-end feel too!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Very interesting. I guess due to the weight being high up, the effect would be very noticeable. Did you have any issues with the battery at all? Does it maintain its charge well etc?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information