1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iberia South West Tour - Pointers Please

Discussion in 'Touring' started by johnny, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Thinking about a 7 day trip looking at Lisbon, Faro, Cadiz, Seville then Cordoba. Would like to get some twisties in too

Any pointers on roads and also if I had to drop one city which one?

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Defo must do the road from San Pedro near marbella up towards Seville. You could get there on your way past Cadiz. Then from there on towards Granada via trevelez. (Highet village in Spain.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. The San Pedro / Ronda road now has average speed camera about 2km south of Bikers bar. You will get ticket if you ignore it.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. I would drop Faro as a place but still go to the Algarve region. Tavira is a nice little town, not too touristy.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Seville is unmissable if you've not been before, but the locals are a bit like Parisians and New Yorkers and look at everyone not from there as a bit inferior (or maybe just unlucky). Do not be afraid to visit the flamenco (my wife loves the dance; I thought I would hate it, but it is very good).

My favourite city in the area is Jerez de la Frontera, very chilled, nice bars, sherry tastings and the horses as things to see. If you are a foodie, try Choco restaurant in Cordoba, which is excellent, Michelin style food. Don't know why, but hotels are expensive in Cordoba.

Road from Arcos to Ronda is good, then A-366 to Pizarra then Antequera. Lovely view around the bridge at Iznajar, if avoiding main road to Cordoba.

I've never been in Portugal this far south, but if crossing to Spain around Badajoz or Caceres, consider visiting Marvao, which is spectacular. Remember that going off-piste in Portugal is going to slow you down a lot, for planning purposes, as navigation can be tricky and some roads are poor and slow.

If visiting the south of Spain, I like to return via Cordoba, Cuenca and the really splendid Sierra Demanda (which includes bits of La Rioja for the wine), but I reckon you can't do this if visiting Lisbon, in 7 days.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Some good info, thanks

Do Not Sell My Personal Information