1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Icon Throttle

Discussion in 'Scrambler' started by philster, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Hi, just bought a 2017 Ducati Scrambler Icon, I find the throttle action a bit quick, anyone else had this issue, does anyone know where I could get a throttle assembly that is not so severe that would fit the Icon?

2. Buy a G2 Throttle Tamer - or a booster plug - or both - search on a different forum Scramblerforum and you find much more info there on the scrambler... than on this forum...

or this one

https://www.g2ergo.com/store/g2-street-tamer-throttle-tube/

But read all the pages on the other forum and make your mind up for yourself which you want to try.

When i had my 800 I just used the booster plug to smooth out fueling.. but many say its snake oil... for me I thought it worked fine as it offset the temp to ECU by -20 degrees so the bike added more fuel because of the supposed denser cold air..

Or fit termi exhaust and ECU upmap.

Or have a Rexxer Remap.

#2 Simon Audi, Aug 9, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  3. Never had a problem with the throttle on my FT it's something you get used to but then again ImI used to 2 strokes with very twitchy throttles

4. Or you can just get used to it. And thread moved

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I have low speed fueling issues on my FT but not twitchy throttle. I rode another FT yesterday 3 weeks older than mine and this one had a twitchy throttle??
    Mines going in to Hammer n Tongs for a rexxer remap as soon as their main man is back from his races. Tying in with a trip to Maxtons for front shocks too...

6. You do get used to it, I’ve done nearly 8k miles on mine and don’t notice the twitchy throttle at all now, despite swapping between my other bikes , I did notice it at first, fitted a booster plug that tames it down a bit, then missed the “suddenness “ so removed and sold it, but as I say a few thousand miles on it doesn’t feel twitchy, nowt wrong with rexxer either I’m told.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. The 2017 (I think) onward Scramblers have a different response throttle twistgrip doodah, according to others. I've not changed mine on my 2015 model Classic as I got used to it pretty quickly and just applied a bit more sensitivity via the wrist. If yours is a 2017 model then perhaps you have an early one and the old style throttle? Check with your dealer I guess or put your throttle part number up on here. There's also the G2 throttle tamer, which some people like and others don't rate. Comparison discussion here.

Impact on throttle response after a Rexxer remap depends on which map you go for. I had fitted an exhaust on mine and done away with the cat' so we bypassed both lambdas and turned the fuelling up to 11 on mine. Throttle response is not blunted and midrange is boosted using this map, and it won't run lean and do any damage when ridden with brio.

8. Great word “brio”, I’m going to use it in my next post.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Have you met Brio? lovely girl apparently...

10. Used to have a polish girlfriend when I was 16 called Brianca, that sounds similar and she was very nice!, 40 years ago so maybe not so much now?.

11. Haha, well done...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information