1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1000 Idle Problem Slow Turn Over After Running

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Peter Rothwell, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Hi guys and girls I purchased a 2006 Multistrada 1000ds as a non runner from a dealer who couldn't get it running, after new battery, plugs, and a lot of cleaning up of electrical contacts the bike starts and rev's but it refuses to Idle, carbs are balanced, I turned the idle up and slowly tried to reduce the idle but it just cuts out once I reduce the Idle. The other thing I noticed is that if the bike been running for say 20mins the re-start turn over is very slow in fact the battery has to be fully charged, I'm not sure if I need to reset the TPS (throttle positon sensor) anyone got any Idea's

2. Welcome to the forum :cool:

3. Sure someone will be along shortly, good luck

4. could be many things but you are right in that TPS reset/check could help. A general tune would probably find the problem involving air bleeds, TPS, throttle body balance plus stepper motor function. Have you got std exhaust/air filter and have you had any fault codes come up?

5. no codes showing but the bike seems to rev up cleanly and I can hold the throttle and control tick over just wondering if any one else has had the similar problem, its a std exhaust and air filter.

6. you can raise idle with the adjustable throttle stop on R/H side of bike. It's hard to get to with 'glove compartment' side panel in place but not impossible. it's M2 allen key I think. This is a crude solution as stepper motor and air bleeds are supposed to ensure correct idle normally but it will probably solve your idle problem once you've started it.

7. Carbs? On a 2006 bike? Are you sure?

8. Thanks tried that one, it will set at high rev but as you wined it down it will cut out again, I thought it would be an imbalance on the carbs but they are both pulling the same, I think I'm going to investigate a bit more.

9. as said, a full tune would be a good start, you can find all details here under 'Aircooled' Forum :- http://www.multistrada.net/forum/lo...&start=0&sid=0c9567fbac430a741096c124c2ffae1f

btw, you know it's injected Peter?

10. yep

11. but just to avoid confusion for anyone reading - injectors and not carburetors/carbs.

12. Welcome, I will not be spamming the forum map at you!

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  13. Thread moved

Do Not Sell My Personal Information