1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If....... Top 3?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Noods, Feb 17, 2019.

1. 12AB48F4-0F9E-4087-BA21-14ABCC848F62.jpeg
    If you didn’t have the occupation you either have now, or perhaps once had, if your retired, what would be your top 3 occupations you would have wanted to have had a successful career from?

Be nice if you could include your current occupation unless of course you work for a secret organisation like, MI6 or the FBI or maybe MFI....

My Occ.. Quay Crane driver ( docker) and part time, self employed, often lost, astronaut ..

No 1 choice... A singer/lead guitarist in a successful indi type band.

No 2... A Grand Prix Racing driver in the 70s-late 80s..

No3.... A full time lesbian.. I’d be a stunner obv but my partner would also need to be a stunner too.. Eg, no little n large combo..

What’s yours.......?

#1 Noods, Feb 17, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. 1. Always wanted to be a fighter pilot...in the air training core as a young lad.
    Sadly eyesight, genetics, beer, ability and skill got in the way.:rolleyes:o_O

2. Electronics engineer :bucktooth:... did that... liked it... but no money.:mad:

3. Running my own business... 22 years of running my own businesses.... love it.... and good job as I've been unemployable (by others for about 35 years :innocent:)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Retired self employed joiner and ex haulier. ;)
    1 design engineer in motorsports of some kind.
    2 football players agent.
    3 steady job in the public sector with decent wage, holidays and pension.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Current: Secret

1. Secret
    2. Secret
    3. Secret

Good thread!

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Current: Technical Feasibility - Automotive Design & Manufacturing Systems (no specific job title) + a part time business :motorcycleduc:...……... :eyes:
    Work far too many hours but buy Ducati's with the spoils which kept me going - soon to drop to 3 days a week at work :blush:

1. Nothing
    2. Nothing
    3. Nothing

• Face Palm Face Palm x 2
  6. A city bean counter as i've heard it is very lucrative:thinkingface:

7. So you ...
    1/ would like to be a secret agent for mfi ..
    2/ you really wanted to be Les, and not Loz, hence your actually gay..
    And 3/ you would like to be on the big stage..

Mmmm.. So Let me guess, your current job is!.. your a, or would dearly like to be, a gay undercover ballerina who’s secretly an agent for MFI..

X

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Current - Projects Manager for a fabrication company

1 - Fireman
    2 - Firearms copper
    3 - Stayed at RR for an easy life

• Like Like x 1
  9. Nailed it!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Can’t read still then, or count ( so you’d never be a bean counter) 1?, 2?, 3?.... x

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. 1;City bean counter
    2;country bean counter
    3;overseas bean counter
    Stick that in your pipe and smoke it:):upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. 1:Rear gunner on a Tarmac laying machine
    2:Rocket scientist
    3:Ringer outer for a one armed window cleaner

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Redundant Technical Manager looking for work
    1.Helicopter pilot ex RAF so used to fill them and the odd ride out in them
    2.The Law I think if I could of applied myself I would of been a decent solicitor not just a bar room one
    3.Teach not snotty brats but older students ..again should of got a degree but as an apprentice engineer wanted to earn asap when I qualified

• Like Like x 2
  14. How in Hell did you do that, Noods?

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Having always had paper-pushing jobs rather than "look what I've made" jobs, I'd love to have been capable of being an architect or civil engineer - the blend of art and science and having something tangible (concrete, in the most literal sense) to show for one's efforts must be very satisfying.

But as neither maths nor technical drawing ever came naturally to me, I'd have been a rubbish architect or civil engineer.

I still hanker after finding some sort of crafty or creative job, rather than just a sitting in front of a computer generating paperwork job, but of all the crafty activities I've tried, even if I could make something that was good enough for my own purposes (3 pairs of shoes, a corset, silk paintings, scarves, the odd item of clothing, jewellery), I couldn't make things accurately, consistently or quickly enough to make a commercially viable trade out of it.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Current: Building surveyor
    Dream 1: Navy pilot (hold a ppl but too old to convert it all up now)
    Dream 2: Ship designer (always loved this stuff & would've been good at it too)
    Dream 3: That dude who found the Bismarck & the Titanic (man what a rush!)

• Like Like x 2
  17. 1 - son
    2- dad
    3- grandad doing it

• Like Like x 1
  18. I guess you meant “ stick that in your termi and smoke it” as personally I’m not a puffer.. x

• Like Like x 1
  19. I’m telawotsit.... I was at training school with you.. I was the one in the claret and blue tutu and seen packing a large weapon.. My MFI Agent name was “inside secret drawer” x

20. You had me at "wotsit".

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information