1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ignitech Module

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by MiguelL, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Thinking about mods for next year. Keep coming back to an Ignitech module for 94 carb 900ss. Bike is more or less standard with K&N filter and trumpets removed. My question is about using an Ignitech module in its standard form as programmed by ‘Fast Bike Gear’. I only have use of an ipad at home. There is an old Windows 98 laptop in the attic, maybe it works or maybe not! If it works does anybody know if the software will install on a Windows 98 platform?

Is there anybody out there that has installed one as a plug and play unit? ( without programming it) Were there real benefits or would you also need to upgrade the old kokusan coils as well to really show any improvement?

Thanks all in advance

2. You can do 'plug and play', i certainly did on mine, I think I used the software on xp at the time,but didn't actually fiddle with it..just opened it out of curiosity. Bike still runs great after all these years... K&N opened airbox lid and termis.

Good Luck
    Grant

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Thanks Grant

4. Miguel, that Ignite h is very much a plug and play unit. The installed map should be a close match to the 2 step advance of the Kukosans, which it replaces. The Kukosans are old now and pretty basic, so you will find that even without attacking the ignition posibilties on the Ignitech your bike will feel smoother and more responsive. You also have the added benefit of modifying ignition further, should you need after future mods. No idea what windows it'll run on, but it's a pretty basic looking program, albeit very adjustable.

Ian

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Forgot to say, from my point of view, it makes no sense to replace the Kukosan boxes with newer ones. Just upgrade to the Ignitech, you'll not regret it. I have a TPS on mine, it's great

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks Ian

Mind made up, definitely the way to go.

Now, a TPS, a straightforward fit? Do you need to assign an input on the Ignitech module or is that also a direct plug into job?

This is suddenly becoming all very exciting. Just have to buy 2 new tyres first. Last ride this year I picked up a bloody great screw in the rear. Tyre only 4 months old.

Thanks very much for your help. Sometimes you just need that little bit extra encouragement to make a change. Brilliant

Mike

• Like Like x 1
  7. The Ignitech module has made a big difference to my M900, and I'm going to order one in the new year for my 900SS project.

As mentioned it's Plug and Play, I haven't touched the software, but may have to with the far more modified SS.

I'm just over the Hampshire Border from you near Petersfield if you wanted to come over and have a look at how it fits etc.

Nasher.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Thanks Nasher. Might take you up on that

9. You have to run extra wiring for the TPS, Liam Venter of fastbikegear in NZ does a 3D printed TPS mount.....

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Thanks again Ian. Will investigate

• Like Like x 1
  11. If you buy the Ignitech direct and ask them to supply wiring the wiring for the TPS then the loom comes supplied with it all ready to go. I have just done exactly that and then bought the modified TPS and mount from Liam at fastbikegear in NZ. My 900ss is fairly standard all be it with FCR's, K&N and lightend flywheel and just the Ignitech on its own made a difference to the running of the engine, especially low down the rev range. I am in the process of fitting the TPS, (unit is fitted but needs wiring up), The mount is 3D printed and I found that i had to "tweek" the fitting position to get the arm that connects to the FCR's slightly to get it to work correctly.

12. Thanks GD
    Can't have too much info. Direct from Ignitech you say. Are they premapped for 900ss?

13. It's a little fiddly and there's not much room for the TPS behind the frame. Didn't know Liam sorted the loom, I had to do my own as it came straight from Ignitech. They will supply extra wiring parts, I also added a shift light.

• Like Like x 1
  14. No the loom came from Ignitech NOT fastbikegear. I just told them i was fitting a TPS and they added the extra wiring into the loom and pre wired plug etc.

Yes the Ignitech is premapped for the 900SS, they also send the map via email with the software link once you have paid for it etc. Then the 3D map is created once its wired in. Have yet to do this.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ah, cool, when I got mine it was a few years before I knew I was putting a TPS on it

16. Ian - your right about it being tight to the frame as well, in fact I run my bike with the short fairings at the moment and have just purchased the correct fairing brackets for the mount point by the seat/tank end and then had to modify/cut down the bracket to get the TPS to fit in as it was fouling on the bracket once mounted. All good though now, even managed to get the airbox on without issue in the end (fresh eyes and all that!!) :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information