1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm Mark - Just Purchased Monster 1200r

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Mark lane, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Hi all
    I've just returned to riding after an unwanted break due to the normal things in life like parenting and finances etc. I'm absolutely delighted to be back on two wheels and this is my first Ducati and dream bike. I've ridden on and off since my teens from field bikes through to Harley's and I've spent the last six months researching the perfect bike for me... half the fun!

Being 6'6" and wanting relative comfort but craving a performance machine I arrived at the Monster and rapidly found my way to the 1200R despite originally looking at the S. The R just fits me perfectly with the extra height and every time I set on it my heart pounded... a test ride sealed it. 2 months scanning the country for the perfect bike and toying with new ended sharply with this find ironically at my local dealer! As new with 1700 miles and half of the Performance catalogue already fitted... I found my dream bike One week and 250 miles in and I'm blown away. I work for Mercedes-benz so I'm used to nice kit but this is something else.

I'm very pleased to join the community and thought it was time to say Hi!!

Mark. IMG_20180616_141817_207.jpg

• Like Like x 17
  2. Welcome Dave

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hi big fella :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Welcome mate, Tidy monster that

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Hello and welcome

• Like Like x 1
  6. Welcome along :cool:

7. Welcome and enjoy

• Like Like x 1
  8. Morning mark'

• Like Like x 1
  9. Join the UKMOC if you fancy monster meet ups - quite active in Wiltshire

And English bins not German trash please

• Like Like x 4
  10. Wow, 6ft 6 and it fits? My overriding impression from the newer monsters was they felt small for me at 6ft 3.

Is the R taller or roomier then? Never tried one myself but intrigued.

Welcome by the way

• Like Like x 1
  11. The R is slightly taller than the S. You can also lower the seat on the S but not the R.

12. Good lad, lovely bike. Enjoy! It'll go grand with an AMG63 :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. So it is, well thats interesting

Screen Shot 2018-06-20 at 06.32.10.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Nice.... welcome to the ‘club’ !

• Like Like x 1
  15. .........

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  16. We run an UKMOC WhatsApp group for Wiltshire and surrounding areas, ping me a message with your number if you want to join

Ped

PS 1200R monsters are epic fun, not that I’m biased, bought mine without a test ride, not disappointed!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Well your version of tall and mine probably differ somewhat, that's all im saying ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Crikey...no ladder required:thinkingface:;)Welcome aboard:upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information