1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm Thinking Of Returning From The Dark Side...multi Dvt Or Diavel?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Force-v4, May 13, 2020.

1. Well gang I've not been on properly in a bit! Hope every ones keeping well! I'm looking to get back on a Duke after a stint on an MV Turismo Veloce 800. The MV was a great laugh in all fairness, put an FM Racing pipe on it and it crackled and banged like crazy, right laugh it was. I have a hankering for another Ducati for a while though and the MV was sold yesterday. Having previously owned a Panigale S, a Diavel and a 2013 Multistrada S I think its time to go again. The Panigale S just got tiresome after a few weeks, stunningly beautiful but not suitable for our lumpy roads here in Kerry on the rugged SW of Ireland. the Diavel was surprisingly good and fantastic fun, but due to me failing to stop for the local constabulary and being minus a number plate at the time she had to go. I was going to blame the designers for the lack of a number plate, if they hadnt put that pig ugly number plate holder over the back wheel a plate would have been quite ok. I also really missed the 2013 Mutley, she was brilliant. Skyhook suspension made short work of the lumps and bumps and it handled everything I threw at it with aplomb, even a blast through some ploughed fields at a good speed in the interest of science.
    My budget is in and around £8k (pounds), I've restricted myself to that as i dont get out that often and I'm not spending stupid money again for an ornament that I dont want to get dirty. I've spotted a few '16 Multistrada DVTs coming in around that money lately and a good scattering of Diavels. I'm wondering is a Multi DVT S as good as they say? Or anyone else think of something else?

2. Least he didn't say a KTM. Thank fuck

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  3. I know, I was going to mention I looked at a Superduke GT but said I'd better not.....o_O

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Think I'd for a KaaaToooM SD TBH

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Welcome back Force dude. :) :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Are we allowed to mention KTM? :)
    I actually made an offer for a 950 Hyper, dealer accepted the offer but I could never contact them again (thanks Covid19) to arrange payment or delivery, got drunk Friday evening promised some mates I'll go out riding with them this Wednesday, therefore I bought a KTM 1090 Adventure last Sunday...bit of a bargain at £8000 with only 680 miles on the clocks and 10 months warranty left.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I went froma 2014 Multi S to the DVT, preferred the 2014. DVT lost some of its Ducati'ness imo, and for some reason, the skyhook was softer on the DVT and the bike didn't handle as well as the 2014. Also, the DVT didn't turn in as quick and the top end rawness was lost. It's a great bike but if you can get a well sorted low miles example of the earlier bike, that's where I'd be.

(Unless you see the light and just buy a SDR, I've never looked back)

• Like Like x 1
  8. We are simply not worthy of this man's obvious genius !!! Promote him immediately @El Toro :upyeah::blush:

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Cheers Marco, already had a 2013 Mutley S so was hoping the newer type DVT would be an improvement!

10. I guess it's how you'd define improvement ?? I can only say, go and try one really. The engine's still great, if a little less raw in the DVT, but what did it for me was the handling, the earlier bike felt sharper to turn in if you're still hauling on the brakes, and quicker to roll from side to side. I guess it ultimately depends on what you want the bike for, how you ride it and which feels better for you. For me, I would have my early bike back in a heart beat over the DVT, but again, different strokes for different folks eh.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Cheers Marco! Well the deal is done so its too late now lol, era sure its not like I keep anything for very long anyway...:eyes:
    I'll keep ye updated

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information