1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Immigrant

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Capetonian, Mar 13, 2020.

• Well , ripe old age of 62 I’m immigrating to “Mumbles” Swansea from Cape Town South Africa . My Diavel Carbon Black will arrive early April. Besides the weather I’m very concerned about getting my bike through MOT , loud pipes no baffles

1. Welcome Dai but one has to ask the question “why?”

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. 7.5 hours a day no power , high rates murder and crime , very very uncertain future

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Welcome, you’ll need to register it with DVLA unless you plan on running with SA plates?

4. I thought that they had sorted the power supply out in Swansea. :(

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. I'm working with a South African chap this week and he's echo'd exactly what you say here. SA going down the toilet at a rate of knots.

What a surprise. Not...

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Very very sad but true , s beautiful country with great climate a lot of good people but an insurmountable task ahead because of unbelievable corruption and excessive gap in wealth etc

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Good luck with the move.
    You have now asked the same question on 3 different threads re your MOT!!

9. Sounds like all the post colonial sub Saharan countries. Sadly, South Africa will end up the same. Incomprehensible stupidity displayed over and over again.... Mugabe made all the mistakes for SA but they'll still drive on and make the same ones.... Unbelievable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Welcome - most MOT stations are noise friendly - it's up to the discretion of the tester. Some noisy exhausts will have 'For Race Use Only' stamped on them - just cover the stamping up with tape or a sticker as they are not allowed to remove...
    Good luck with the move :):upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Out of the frying pan into the fire.
    Power should be good and I don't think that many of the Welsh kill people.
    The Welsh police aren't that friendly to bikers (anymore).
    Mumbles is a lovely part of the world. My father in law lives there.

12. I was nine years in Cape Town from ‘97 - ‘06 working for Ou (Old) Mutual in Pinelands and living in Constantia. I agree that the country has it’s problems but would echo the question; Swansea WTF? Couldn’t you find somewhere else to live?
    (Spoiler alert, I have never been to Swansea.)
    You could at least try this place?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  13. There’s a good Indian restaurant on the way into the mumbles, on the right.

14. that was epic!!!! big leeks will inspire you!!! lol.....

15. From that advice I’m guessing you haven’t been to City of Newport either!

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Do you remember what it is called?.... I found one on the edge of an industrial estate but it was closed.

17. Or maybe here?

• Like Like x 1
  18. So why are you moving there? ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. You never seen that? Google Goldie Lookin Chain for more hilarity!

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information