1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Improving 1299 Panigale Front Lights

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Serkta, Jan 21, 2022.

1. Hi, I am lucky enough to have a 2015, 1299 Panigale. I love it and do tend to ride as often as possible and obviously this time of year its often dark on a return journey.

Like my old 1098 the lights are poor (although the 1299 is obviously better than the 1098).

Do you have any recommendations (other than stop riding in the dark;))?

Many thanks in advance

2. Did the later bikes have led light??

Maybe upgrade them?

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. HI, I am not sure but it does have a led strip that I think is more for other to see me rather than the other way round. Its the main headlights that I would want to improve.

Cheers

4. Fit the 1299S Led headlights. I did this to my 959 last year and the difference in light output is massive.
    Well worth doing!

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Thanks for this suggestion. I guess it comes as a complete unit. Is it a straight swap? Cheers

6. I have had a good look around and the prices :scream: Has anyone ventured into the LED conversion kits that can be easily found (ebay etc) and look a lot more affordable (probably for a reason!)? Thanks

7. Fitment is straight forward. You’ll need a different dash surround for the heat sinks and you’ll also need to splice the wires in. Not a big job. But cheapest I’ve seen the 1299S headlights for is about £350. Loads of write ups online to explain how.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Not sure on current MOT regs but IIRC they've toughened up on headlight conversions. The OEM LEDs off of the S version as suggested above might well satisfy these but any aftermarket ones probably not. @cookster is probably your go-to man for a definitive answer.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Hi, I can't find any 1299s lights apart from some greedy git who wants £650 on flea bay.
    I have been looking at Halfords as its convenient, if not pricey.

I assume the bulbs I need are H11. They have many variations including 100% brighter, 4000k, 5000k ones etc. They all appear to be suitable for 12v but the reg search says none of them are suitable for my vehicle.

Can I use any of these? MTIA

Cheers

10. Let me know if you want a std 1299S headlight. A mate of mine has a spare and might let it go for a lot less.

• Like Like x 1
  11. £650! Seen that one. Some dreamers about! :)

12. Hi, could you PM me (I can't remember how to do it!)

13. #13 DarR, Apr 16, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2022
  14. My 1299 had leds and they were about as good as bike headlights could have been in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  15. The 2015 1299 "S" version had Full LED but the base 1299 did not.
    LED's make a world of difference.
    Screenshot from 2022-04-16 18-12-28.png Screenshot from 2022-04-16 18-11-52.png

#15 DarR, Apr 16, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2022
  16. Indeed, I switched the headlight over (many thanks again to bettes). The change is incredible and I am very glad I did. The light spread is amazing and you can actually see where you are going and more cars are definitely getting out of the way. So a win win :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information