1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Imu Problem 1299 -- Solved

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Chudas1299, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Hi guys i must say that i am almost desperate :-( I am running my bike strictly on the Track.... I put some race fairings and custom DHbolders and now UHR tec dash holder with IMU mount....

The problem is... when i start the bike and go on track and when exiting turn or under full gas when the front wheel has the tendency to go up i get RED " Inertial sensor " and LOSE "DWC -". My DTC ten goes blinking that suggest DTC in reduced mode (so i am worried with lower settings under 4 because of slide control).

I am really desperate because when i put back stock headlight with that plastic holder with stock fairings everything is OK... we tried every position of IMU, we reseted it by TEXA diagnostic, rubber bolts and etc.... but every thing with same result... Inertial sensor error.

How u guys solved the problem with IMU mounting in terms of track riding??

Thank You very much guys

2. Do you have any photos of the mount on and off the bike?

My bracket runs the width of the headlight unit using those mounting points, never had an issue with mine. I can only assume the angle is wrong, or there’s either too much movement or maybe mounted too tight when running/moving which is causing the issue.

3. Thanks for a info, my mechanic told me that he tried even mounting it on foam and also on HARD with no rubber

22429389_1705307379479565_337820063_o.jpg

22449289_1705484562795180_334524794_o.jpg

22473353_1705484559461847_1776440967_o.jpg

22641639_1711266018883701_1948018293_o.jpg

4. Didn't @royalwithcream have a similar DTC issue with his (1199) when he first converted to track? Tagged in case he can help.

5. IMU is only on the 1299 Bradders so I doubt it’s the same issue.

My IMU does move around more than I would expect on my race bracket, but it’s never flagged any errors. I’ll see if I can dig out the manufacturer. But it is different to yours, mine is simply a bracket that connects to the existing clock bracket.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. This is mine, probably doesn’t help much, this was when it arrived, screws, rubber mounts were all taped up in the masking tape.

D7AD3F15-2295-44C1-BC8F-BF0717171521.jpeg

7. Could you try mounting the IMU inside the bracket, rather than underneath? The IMU is very sensitive to position and to the angle it's mounted. Mounting it inside would turn it over 180 degrees???

8. Yes try this if that is the same orientation as standard.

I had all sorts of issues when mine was mounted upside down by the previous owner on my 1098R.

9. Yes I had exactly this issue and I even had the UHR fairing stay (@Freak I have a 2016 1199R). The fairing stays are really good quality and the guy who makes and sells them is a top guy but unfortunately I could not get to the bottom of the problem and I ended up going back to the Ducati Performance light blank used under my Full Six carbon fairings. I think it is caused by vibration or movement and I tried using the same rubber grommets as on the stock braket but it still gave me problems like you. I actually ended up high siding at Anglesey that day after turning all my electronics off. My older 1199S is fine without electronics but the 1199R power delivery is too vicious and needs just a little electronics to stabilise it. Eventually I just put the plastic light blank on as I knew it was working ok.

• Like Like x 1
  10. GUYS problem solved..... we put rubber "gasket" between fairing stay and airbox.... Whole front stay (2 upper bolts goes to airbox) we isolated by rubber and no problem so far!! It is mostly caused by the vibrations of the whole fairing stay not the angle etc..... thanks very much for TIPS!!!!

• Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information