1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Increased Insurance?

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by noobie, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Yup, it's absolutely criminal.

https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/insane-insurance-on-the-1260.57098/

My renewal for my existing DVT came in at exactly the same as last year, which I was happy with. When I contact the same insurer about changing to a 1260 they wanted at least 3x my quoted DVT renewal.

The best I've managed to find is double my DVT renewal.

2. the golden rule with insurance is to shop around every year:)

3. I think it's more to do with the 1260 being new and not on the insurance companies books yet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. You're missing the point - by a mile. My DVT renewal was £280 for the year and didn't go up at all, with which I was happy.

However, I'm trading my 2016 DVT in for a new 1260 - exactly the same spec, the only thing that's changing is the bike is 2 years newer and it has one digit difference in the model number. I figured I'd change bikes on the same day that my insurance renews so I didn't get shafted with an admin fee when I changed bikes - but they wanted near £900 for the 1260! How the F is that even justified? It's as close to a like-for-like bike change as you can get FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111

I got a reasonable quote from MCE but they wanted an excess of £1500 per bike, and wouldn't insure my bike if it got knicked off my driveway during the day, so that was a none starter. I did the whole compare the meerkat thing and plenty of others too and any insurer that had a sensible excess and provided acceptable cover that was comparable with my existing insurer was just insane. In the end DMC quote about £450 for each of my bikes so I've just coughed £900, so this year my insurance has literally doubled. If I had not changed to the 1260 then I would have paid this year what I paid last year.

It's bloody scandalous and completely unjustifiable. Insurers are supposed to be in the business of risk, yet don't want to take any risk on at all.

5. I know right, my dvt is 167 quid this year...... Bloody scandalous!! :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yeh but that’s pretty expensive for TPF&T Wayne... ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Do they still do that TPF&T malarkey?

8. Norwich Union Rider Policy mate, insure a Fizzy and ride ‘your mates’ 750-4!

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information