1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Indicator Kill Joy

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by slumdog, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Back to the continuing electrical problem, I did have a post re this matter - can't find it... After 6 weeks at Pro Twins (who were useless, unless of course, you want a new bike ! ). The problem is now, no action at the speedo or ignition lights. No headlights, only fuel prim and the pilot light on. And no start of course. Just checked all visible connections and bulbs for shorts when lights all back to normal and she started! pushed the indicator cancel button and all went out again except it kept running.. What is going on ? Very limited knowledge as you can see of electrics - have disconnected the indicators and now a quick flash on the dial lights and prim but no start ..

2. A bad earth maybe?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Has it blown a fuse when you pressed cancel?

I’d do as above, check the earth everywhere first, then fuses and relays.

4. Thanks, but which one or which area , all main ones are good from battery..

5. No fuse blows and if I disconnect the batter and reconnect all fine till I touch the cancel button

6. So, it’s all fine and lights on, starts etc until you hit cancel indicators when engine keeps running but lights go out. Then you turn ignition off/on and all lights etc are good again and engine starts etc etc.

That right?

7. Yes that's it ,just tested that ..

#7 slumdog, Jun 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  8. Does the dash stay on? What bike?

9. Yes dash is on and all normal until the indicator cancel is pushed .. 999 2006

10. Think I'd be looking for a chafed wire or a problem in the switch.
    The switch doesn't exactly feel like a quality item to use...
    @Derek ?

11. Sorry, I'm on holiday in Turkey with limited internet and no access to my wiring diagrams and tech library. I doubt if it is the switch but would start by checking all supplies and earths to the dash.

12. I have checked all nine wires from the switches and no problems ...
    . Will check all supplies and earth's
    tomorrow,

13. Maybe it's a new loom .. ouch, as can't seem to find the fault.. Dash lights flicker occasionally when the loom near the ignition is moved..

14. Success ! turns out that the dash had no feed at all. It's should come from the fuse to the dash. There must have been a break, so traced the feed colour and spliced another wire in, and hey presto! The loom squeeze through and is pinched at the headstock and that is problematic I would imagine. Anyway thanks for all the help..

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information