1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Indoor Bike Cover - Impressed

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Expat Jack, Jul 25, 2020.

1. I have about 5 or 6 of the above and like the stretchy Ducati Performance type.

I wanted one for my new bike and took a punt on one from eBay. It was only £40 and I am super impressed with the quality and fit. I have no connection to the firm. Recommended.

Richbrook Supersoft Indoor Cover £40 posted.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Thanks I am looking to buy some.

3. I'm looking for a couple for my 888 and 996.

Do you find they gather and show the dirt and dust a lot themselves? .... and how easy are they to keep clean (I'm guessing a quick going over with a hoover attachment every so often?)

Black would go better in the house but may show the dust more ... and red is traditional.

Which colour did you go for? Any photos?

• Like Like x 1
  4. I’m at the beach braving the winds today. Will stick some pics up later. I went black for this one.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Dustoff indoor covers get good reviews, not stretchy but tailored fit. UKMOC used to do a few bulk orders. They can also be ordered with printing on each side, although Ducati ones no longer listed, presumably VAG corporate didn't like them.

Maybe they can print 888 and 996 though?

They also do an MV one, so you would need to buy a matching bike......

Mr Bimble.

#6 Mr Bimble, Aug 26, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
  6. well im really happy with my oxford stretchy jobby for both the banana and the 749 and its 30 squids from fleabay

7. Read your post and just googled “contortionists for hire in Oxford”

Gods teeth!

8. Abandoned the beach as too blooming windy. Here’s the black stretchy one on my Daytona plus the DP in my Pani and R&G. The latter is not good. The Richbrook is easily as good, if not better than the DP item. It comes with a bag, shown in photo (as do the DP ones). I think you can wash them if you could be bothered. I’m not.

B36D7FD9-41AD-46E4-80E4-DDB04931D46C.jpeg F1A6C088-B875-480B-AA5F-08EE019AC87A.jpeg

9. The Oxford protex stretch cover works a treat too, large fits the Multistrada just nice

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. Can't beat a bright RED Ducati cover with Monster all down the side. I'm doing some a renovations right now -literally- and its doing its job. It will soon be rewarded with a nice long relaxing ride in the washing machine.

c1.JPG
    c2.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hi @Expat Jack
    I've just bought one of these from Richbrook, they sent me XL-XXL size which can't be right, spoke to their telephone support who told me its a new product and they're not sure of sizing.

So i'm curious what size you bought - I'm assuming M/L?

12. I’ve got one of the oxford stretch ones and to be honest it’s better quality than the Ducati performance cover and cost me bugger all on eBay

13. Snap. I’ve literally just had the same conversation as I ordered another for my Street Triple. They sent an XS/S.
    Good covers, need to sort out their sizing. Never had a problem first time.

14. Hey. I'm looking for an ondorr cover for my Multi 1260 w panniers. Does the large cover them too?

15. Snap !!

https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/should-have-bought-these-ages-ago.85229/

The Richbrook ones are great for the money, as you can see I bought a red one and a black one, red for the Duc and black for the Kwak.
    One thing that occurred to me and you’ll never twig this until you have them on the bikes in the garage,..
    I wish I’d bought 2 red ones and just forgot about the black, the reason??

In a darkish garage it’s really easy to walk into the corner of the Kawasaki if you’re not paying attention because the black cover doesn’t make it very visible , a couple of times I’ve bashed the indicator with my hip and I’m concerned that eventually I’ll end up breaking it, so I’ve got into the habit of slinging an old white towel over the back of the Kwak, makes it far easier to judge where the indicators are, so the red ones definitely get my vote :upyeah:

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. I’m sure your hip won’t be broken by an indicator, however it is always better to be safe than sorry in all scenarios. :upyeah:

17. Ah,.. I see what you did there ;) been sleeping in the knife drawer DS :joy::joy: !

Obviously I was worried about breaking the indicator , not my hip o_O

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information