1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Injuries At Phillip Island Testing

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by Ducati News, Feb 16, 2013.

1. bike.jpg

The unofficial testing that was planned and took place at Phillip island by the Alstare Ducati team was supposed to be an important measure of the state of the riders and their bikes however the outcome was anything but satisfactory for both. The picture above is the Alstare Ducati 1199 belonging to Ayrton Badovini the 26 year old Italian born racer for Alstare who had a crash during the testing circuit.

This was only the second day into the testing and Badovini had to be transported to hospital to undergo a series of test and medical checks on his ribs and knee's. Indeed, this is not the only blow to the team as Carlos Checa was also taken to hospital at the same time due to stomach problems and he has yet to test at Phillip island. Even though some data was taken from the test rides it is still a massive disappointment to all concerned.

Indeed, the 2013 season for Ducati and Ducati bikes as a whole is an important one for the racing image of the brand although the testing stages haven't exactly went according to plan for anyone yet. That being said, there is a long way to do and providing there are no more, or at least very few, mishaps along the way then we could still see Ducati emerge from 2013 in a much better position than they finished in 2012.

bike.jpg

2. Oh they've set the bar high then?

3. Carlos really looked like he was making ground in race 1 before he punted Marco.... Gutted for him... Is it me or is WSB a helluva lot better with the miserable Roman?? Still worries me though that its going to be Aprillia Aprillia Aprilla allll the way through this season...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Biaggi is a racer thru and thru, makes mistakes and pushes harder than most, no problem taking risks in passing or pissing other rider off. So yes, he will be missed, altho if Camier gets at the sharp end he's in a similar mould

5. Hell yes Max is / was a damn good racer, always faltered under pressure though... I mean going back as far as his MotoGP days he had some amazing races until VR came along and knocked his confidence..You saw it last year in the final race too.. All silly rider error apex misses that he wouldnt normally make cept he knew Tom was leading... I liked Max, just wish he wasnt so far up his own arse... & Yeah Camier has it too... If he focuses he can be quick as hell.. I'm just happy its race season again.. Stupid Winter!!

6. Shame the brits went so far off the boil in race 2

7. True, I like Laverty though & was pleased he got race two... Not much not to like about Guintoli either.. Post race interviews were funny as fcuk... But with Camier making a daft tyre choice / Haslam having an off day with technical issues to boot & Tom not being match fit it was always looking to be a crap one for the Brits.. I expected more from Rea too but hey ho its only the first round.... I see Checa is looking to be fit for Aragon... But what the hell is this with Silverstone jumping off the calendar?? Maybe if they didnt charge stupid prices they would get the crowds in.... I did Silverstone for both GP & WSB last year.. All in must have cost me £300 in ticket prices... Meh.. Victim of their own greed..

8. Give it a few years and see if the Ebbw Vale circuit comes off?

9. Thats looking like a really nice track when its done... Plus its an excuse for us all to ride those beautiful roads that lead to it :)

I hope at least you can get closer to the action than at Silverstone... bloody miles away... Cant beat the road races for that though.. I do the Ulster & NW every year too.. love it.... Ahhh, off topic..

Do Not Sell My Personal Information