1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 Input On Color Of 2012 848 Evo (arctic White Silk)

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by tboooe, Jul 23, 2020.

1. I recently purchased a new left side fairing from Ducati to replace one that cracked. i noticed that the new panel is much more white than my existing fairing and gas tank which has more yellow in comparison. So my question is if the yellowing is just due to age and the new panel will eventually match or did Ducati perhaps change the color formulation for Arctic White Silk?

2. The replacement panels are pretty much spot on as regards matching original. What you have with older panels is UV degradation, polishing etc. The Matte and silk colours are particularly prone to "change" mainly down to polishing. They need to be treated with specific polishes and cleaners for matte and silk finishes. Using normal polish will contain abrasives and do just what it says on the tin..... polish the surface finish.
    Your new panel will eventually age to a level of the rest of teh bike, but it has an 8 year head start

3. Not sure on that. I bought a new white 899 and ordered the seat cowl to go with it. It took 5 different ones to get a colour match with the bike.

4. 899 seat cowls..... had some fun with them. They aren't any longer and weren't available for very long in the accessories catalogue. The ones being ordered/supplied by shops were 1199S. Different white altogether.

5. Thank you for the reply. The new panel looks so different that I was actually thinking that perhaps I was sent the pearl color from earlier 848! Oddly, I too recently found an NOS seat cowl that was supposedly never used and in the original box and its color matched my bike which I why I was wondering if the color formulation changed. Not sure what I should do at this point, perhaps just repaint the entire bike so the colors match or wait 8 years :) ?

6. What's the part number of your new panel?

7. The part # on the packaging matches the one for Arctic white silk: 48015031AW. The part # on the actual fairing is 48032273A which is for an unpainted fairing so that's why I was wondering if perhaps it was painted either the wrong color or the color fomulation has changed. Does anyone know if the pearl color from older 848 is matte? Is arctic white silk a solid color or does it have some pearlesence in it? At this point I am not sure if I got the right color.

#7 tboooe, Jul 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
Do Not Sell My Personal Information