1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Inside Europe

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by XH558, Jan 26, 2019.

1. A NEW programme on europe for all you pro-europeans to watch,10 years of turmoil and should be educational :upyeah:
    This monday night 9pm BBC2

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Had this on the planner for a few days. :thinkingface: Should get the hackles up nicely. :mad:

#2 Robarano, Jan 26, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Why?........wots appnin with europe then :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Hang on a minute mate and let me remove my rose tinted glasses;)

5. Hopefully it should put Jack back in the boX:upyeah:

6. It’s going to get worse before it get gets better! if you subscribe to the bullshit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Jack needs putting in a box ... permanently

• Like Like x 1
  8. “For the first time on television, David Cameron’s top advisers - including George Osborne and William Hague - reveal the discussions that led to the decision for which Cameron will go down in history: to hold an in/out referendum.

The programme lifts the lid on the prime minister’s desperate attempts to get a new deal for Britain in Europe. Top leaders, including presidents Tusk, Juncker, Sarkozy and Hollande, reveal the details of their negotiations with Cameron.

From beers in Prague to dinners at Chequers, the prime minister tries to convince his partners to give him something to show Britain can claw back power from Brussels – especially on immigration – but he keeps getting knocked back.”

So much for the ‘you need to be inside the club to change it’ theory.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. What's BBC's coverage been like of the weekly Yellow Jackets demonstrations in France ... the Yellow Jacket leader taking a round in the face and probably losing an eye ... the woman being beaten across te back of the skull with a baton ... how is that coverage going, by the way?

Comprehensive, would you say?

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Media, the root of all that’s wrong.
    I used to buy a daily paper and believe
    the wise words of the bbc until I was in Korea visiting my daughter.
    I was getting messages from concerned family and friends back home who were convinced we were on the brink of world war three. In talking with a resident ex pat it was clear that was just the usual behaviour shown by the leader, every year a massive show of arms takes place in honour of his deceased father.
    Not what the BBC should have had you think.

#10 Carr01, Jan 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. There is literally nothing like spending time in another country and using it as an opportunity to learn about your own country's media.

I learned this lesson in 1980 when I was living in the US and this idea has stayed with me subsequently.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Politics,powerplay,money.....................:thinkingface:
    index.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. :eyes::upyeah:Get ready with your snacks etc ............9pm

• Like Like x 2
  14. Was it any good ?
    Worth a watch on IPlayer ?

15. ^^^^Yes worth a watch to see how it all unfolded to the 2016 leave vote and now brexit,A programme from the archives with guest apperances from the main players at that time and present,and two more programmes to follow.:upyeah:
    My views have not changed on the european union they are bully boys!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Given it was the bbc, it was a reasonably fair programme and had most of the big end players talking openly and honestly. I wasn't surprised to see it was gove that shafted cameron. Still a leaver but it did show how much politicians speak a different language to those who elect them and how quick they believe the political bubble is the only one they worry about

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information