1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insurance Again

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by apuhtred, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Here I go again twice in one day. Had a phone call from Ducati Insurance today to tell me that the underwriters wanted to charge me extra for an accident I had not reported. This turns out to be my neighbour scraped the paint of my car's bumper and decided he wanted to put it through his insurance. My car was parked and I was not in it. A no fault accident. It never even occurred to me to let bike insurance know. Anyway when I calmed down I asked how much extra they wanted. The girl said its not us its the underwriters and they want an extra £64 per year. I have cancelled my insurance and will just go with the cheapest I can get as they are all a **** buch of ***** and are only around to rob you at every turn.

Regards Steve

• Agree Agree x 3
    • WTF WTF x 1
  2. Thread moved

3. Happened to me a few years back on my scooter insurance. It was about £100 with RAC and after renewing I received a letter wanting another £100 on top of that. They told me that I hadn't declared a claim.

My company car was hit while parked, and I claimed on the insurance as the damage was about £1500. As I didn't insure the thing, the insurance came with the car, I thought nothing of it and didn't declare it. After my surprise demand for money, I had to decalre it for the next 5 years on about 4 bikes and I think must have paid over £1500 on increases on my premiums in that time. :mad:

4. I had exactly the same, 80 year old neighbour hit my car whilst parked on new years day a few years back, although dealt with swiftly by his insurance and no need to notify mine when renewal time came my policy’s on car, and both bikes increased and has ended up costing me circa £1500 over the 5 year declaration period with me probably ended up worse off than him due to owning 3 vehicles and being named on my wife’s insurance!

The kicker is, my car was parked on my drive, he lost control and ended up down my drive to hit my car.....how is it I can be deemed to be at fault??

Steve

5. It's not about "fault", it is about statistics. For some reason, if an accident happens to you in any way whatsoever, you are accident prone and a greater risk.

It's OK, insurance is a business and you are free to take your custom elsewhere - oh, wait, no, the insurance companies all share the same data and actuarial tables. Sort of how a cartel operates. And there's no way you can opt out of the system as it is a government-enforced mafia syndicate.

Triff!

6. So I was right ******* bunch of *******. The girls at Ducati Insurance were very nice but nothing they can do. I am sure that using statistics we could prove that Hitler and Stalin were right little angels.

Regards Steve

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  7. I start to believe that UK is the only place when you are at fault even if a 1000 mile away from your car...accident risk bollocks. Increase the premium of the person that caused the crash not the one that was not even near his car.
    "government-enforced mafia syndicate" Perfectly described @Loz

Do Not Sell My Personal Information