1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insurance Cost

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by Gabagool, Mar 27, 2019.

1. hi all
    Just a random question, I live in England, have 5 years NCD and my insurance is double the 848 I had. Shopped around and that’s the cheapest.
    I’m currently paying nearly £900 per year?! With 1k excess and 2999 miles per year.
    Does anyone else seem to think the panigale insurance seems to be high?
    Cheers

2. Lots of discussion about insurance. There are many parameters taken into consideration by the underwriter, all using statistics. The number of claims in your post code, the number of claims for that vehicle as well as age of the rider/driver. What is common from the discussions is you get a better deal by talking to a broker rather than searching the internet. BeMoto are making a name for themselves and Ramasis trading as Ducati Insurance have a good name. Try the forum search function or the go to the sponsored insurance page. Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Thank you Andy - appreciate your help

• Like Like x 1
  4. I just insured my 2017 Monster 1200 R and my 1997 Yamaha XJR 1200 for £185 fully comp both bikes 5000 miles with Bennetts, MCE wanted £340 for the same.

5. It looks like Ramasis has lost out to Adrian Flux as Ducati's preferred broker, a likely case of he who pays the piper?

I got cover with Ramasis last year, when they were still listed by Ducati, for my Multistrada 1260s. My previous insurer, who I was very happy with, wouldn't provide cover as the value of the bike was in excess of £15k, same story with a few others I called. Price of the policy was still steep for me as I don't have a garage (probably why insurers were reluctant) but live in a relatively low risk area, have 9 years NCB and am over 50, have a tracker and physical security. Ironically the cover is with the same underwriter...

My previous bike, an MV Agusta, just crept in at under £15k and insurance was half the price... go figure. Cost of ownership I guess. Given depreciation over the first year I'll be shopping around at renewal as value will be less than £15k.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ah, makes sense now. When I Googled Ducati Insurance to enquire about a 'green card', it popped up with a Ducati branded page. I have heard good things about Adrian Flux although also that they are not the cheapest, like for like with the same underwriter. Have to see what happens at renewal in September. 748R and 1098R might be gone by then. Andy

7. Another vote for Bemoto here... I called them last week and was very happy with their price.

34 years old, 3 years NCD, bike trak, Garaged Overnight, SD&P only and 2999 miles limit.
    £0 voluntary & £300 compulsory excess
    Helmet & Leathers, Legal Cover, Personal Injury & European Breakdown included.
    £320 all in

Interestingly, ramasis were nowhere near for a second year running (£350 out last year and £400 off the mark this year).

Adria Flux could get to within £20 excluding the additional covers which would have added another £20-30.

Bennetts, whom I used last year... Increased the premium by £100 for no apparent reason and told me that I would really struggle to beat their £650 renewal quote :joy:

8. £158 fully comp on 1199. She 55 in Anglesey

9. Yup, Bemoto came up good for me.

10. Principal have come good for my two bikes :)

Oh and thread moved.

11. I lied. Or rather Principal have.

........I got a call from Principal this afternoon (4.50pm) to say that they couldn’t do £160.17 for the Diavel. The new price was £839.44!!! And that was the best they could do!

I’ve now been on to BeMoto and got the Diavel and Scrambler on a multi bike policy with all the previous benefits plus helmet & leathers cover for £445.74 , which is where I thought it would have been based on previous years.

First call tomorrow is back to Principal to cancel everything under the 14 day cooling off clause. Robbing twats!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Report....Normal annual premium for MTS 1200 56 years young, 9 years protected no claims, one minor accident, clean record. Live london about 330 quid FC for many years with Ducati insurance. This year renewal around 1000 pounds!!! Searched and phoned everyone. Only 2 good quotes. MCE at 320 pounds but with 2000 excess ffs and then Lexham Insurance. 350 pounds inc helmet and leathers and an insurance to cover the 850 excess. Otherwise everyone was 1000 -11000 pounds. Or sorry we cant even quote. The world has gone crazy, god only knows for next year, for a while i was seriously worried my biking days were over.

13. must be london and high value of tne bike?

The st4 was £100 fully comp, with all the extras......

14. My conclusion over the years on insurance,is it's like flipping a coin,just get a coin in one's favour:upyeah:

15. it is London and bike value about 7000. It is only this renewal the prices were silly, otherwise easy to get many policies around 300 a year. This time there is a major shift from the insurers,

• Like Like x 1
  16. Have you checked the risk ranking of your area? Perhaps this has shifted significantly and is the root cause of the hike?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information