1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insurance For Multistradas

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by Alan Murphy, Feb 17, 2020.

1. It’s that time again and I’m sure it’s been asked before but am looking for insurance company recommendations for the MS??

2. I try to make a habit of switching each year as it usually works out less. I just do a comparison on compare the market or similar and go with the best cheapest option. I also deliberately don't list all the security as I've heard stories of crooked insurance agents giving details to criminals as a bit of a head start. I've also heard the same re dealers where the owner of a newly sold bike has it nicked a couple/few days after delivery. Maybe fiction but I'd rather be safe so I just list what gets me discount and leave it at that. Rest assured there's a whole lot more protecting my bike etc.

3. If you are finding an internet search returning quotes that seem a little pricey, get on the phone and talk to someone. I went with Cornmarket last year as they partnered with IAM Roadsmart and whilst they only price matched the best quote I’d had, they found an underwriter prepared to agree values for my 748R, 1098R and my V4 which to me is worth a lot more than trying to scrape an extra £100 off the premium. Andy

5. Agree with the comments above. I run the initial search through one of the comparison sites, and then take the company/price I prefer and run it through the companies own web site as well. Often get a slightly better price or deal.

BikeSure came up trumps for me this year.

6. I've just insured the Panigale V2 that I'm buying with Ducati Insurance, they were nearly the cheapest of all. I have never used them before because they were always so expensive but my dealer said they have been taken over and are trying hard to be more competitive. I insured a new bike for £460 including guaranteed value and personal accident cover (normal premium was £396), 9 years NCD, 35 years old and live fairly rural.

The other people coming out cheap were MCN, must be the same underwriter as the price was identical, and Bike Sure.

I used to be with Bennetts and they are great to speak to on the phone, responsive and really clear and quick with paperwork around policy (haven't claimed though) but they are so expensive, coming out at £800 for the Panigale.

7. Apparently 21 days before its due is the optimal time to renew for price.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Hastings Direct for me this year on my 2018 DVT. But I move to different companies depending on cost. Start with the comparison websites and don’t leave it too late, as the renewal date approaches the price can rise.
    It’s all a bloody scam if you ask me.

9. Had my renewal come through beginning of Feb from MCE. Cheap enough except they wanted 1500 Excess.!!

Did the comparison web check and ended up back at Hastings Direct £160 ish FC £350 excess and all the usual cover inc clothing and legal.

Sadly, there is no such thing as a loyalty bonus nowadays. At least not for me.

10. Thread moved and title changed to suit

11. Bemoto have been good for me for the last couple of years. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Bennetts at £93 fully comp, rather pleased with that!

13. I went with Bennett’s weren’t the cheapest but offered a load of extras and lower excess so were the best priced for the overall package. Bikesure and LV have been good in the past, but rarely stay with the same company for more than a year as they creep up.

14. I’ve always used MCN Compare but was trying to see if there were cheaper companies amongst those that don’t appear in the comparison site searches.
    Thanks for the tips, I’ll call a few of those suggested tomorrow

Do Not Sell My Personal Information