1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insurance Quandry

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by GarySN, Mar 23, 2017.

1. I'm about to p/x my bike for a new model, and casting around for insurance quotes. I'll be moving house soon, so I'm stating the new address as the basis for my quotes. My existing policy expires shortly after the new policy will begin?

Using MCN Compare, best deal is with my current insurer. So, do I take up the quote and register as if from new, or will they at some stage object, based on the fact they're my current insurer and they'll want to charge me admin fees for change of bike and change of address on my existing policy?

2. Thread moved

3. ask them. Honesty is the best policy with insurance companies.

4. UPDATE
    Spoke to my present insurer (Hastings Direct), and they couldn't have been better. They have waived the admin fee they would normally charge for the change of address and bike on the current policy, then agreed to renew at a couple of pounds more than MCN Compare had come up with. There's nothing more for me to do, and the renewal will be about £280, versus £250 for the old bike.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information