1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insurance Quote For Speciale

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by farmster, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Any one found a reasonable quote for a new Speciale ???
    Full no claims
    55 +
    Rural area
    Garaged
    Anchored to floor blah blah
    ????

2. Thread moved

3. The consensus was to get the value under £20k - so £19999 - as this is a possible insurance threshold. Try and see.

4. Ducati insurance mate.
    Your profile Sound similar to me.
    £950 1000 miles per year limit though.
    All others between 1750 & 2500 grand pa.
    Insurance market = day light robbery.
    The fuckers need regulating fast.

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Is it worth it? A grand for a 1000 Miles?!

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Oh yes.
    Had to do it. Beautiful looking bike & garage queen

• Like Like x 2
  7. Then add in depreciation, maybe finance interest. servicing, bit of fuel. expensive jacket boots & helmet. Price per mile is pretty high.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Try Cornmarket Insurance, I have a multi bike (4) policy including a Speciale Magnesio and a 1098R with agreed rarity/collector values which came in about £1100 with my IAM discount. Andy

• Useful Useful x 2
  9. I've 'only' got a V4S but at 30 my insurance is under £600 with about 5/6NCB, I don't understand why mine is so much cheaper than anyone else in the country?!

• Like Like x 3
  10. Perhaps sold to you by an African boiler room outfit......have you read the small print yet.;)

11. It's too small to read, and printed upside down and backwards in invisible ink, but I'm sure when I crash they'll pay in full?

12. How many years NCB?

Query if a GPS tracker is fitted..

And have you done any advanced rider qualifications?

#12 GunZenBomZ, Oct 29, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
  13. I was quoted 8,450 for my V4S. :p Not ridden on the road for a few years see and all my NCB had expired long ago.

As it's a track only bike, I insure it myself!

14. Are you a remain voter out of interest.;)

15. Who is that with?
    You didn’t go through one of those dodgy third party insurers offering cheap discount
    It was on watchdog the other week
    Big scams going on out there

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. The whole insurance industry is a huge scam!

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Especially for motors as you have to buy it by law, captive audience.....
    I agree to its purpose but it is essentially unregulated

18. Got a biketrac unit that was needed because over £20k, 5/6 years NCB and no extra quals other than my licence.

I know nothing about politics at all, and until I lose my job as a direct result of Brexit then I'll continue to ignore it completely and carry on! I didn't vote.

Through Bemoto who up to now seem very good, and lots of good reviews about them online.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Get IAM course booked, as its respected by the insurance companies. Rospa is another option'

Cost is now £149; ontop of that my trainer asked for a £5 per session. To cover his fuel which I had no issue with, did eight lessons (8-hours). Passed first time with the off-duty police motorcyclist examiner. Just remember to read up on a updated highway code!

20. Sadly not all insurance companies offer a discount if you have done an IAM course. Only found one that did and they offered a measly 5% off!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information